- Brand: Knauf®
- Model: 75mm - RS100 Black Tissue x2
- Weight: 16.02kg
- Dimensions: 1,200mm x 600mm x 75mm
- SKU: 75mm - RS100 Black Tissue x2
- Product code: P1-2905
- MPN: 75mm - RS100 Black Tissue x2
75mm Knauf Rocksilk RS100 Black Tissue Faced Two Sides Class A1 Insulation Slab is a 100kg density per m3 rock mineral wool core faced with black tissue on both sides, used for roofs, concrete car park soffits and similar applications.
Rocksilk RS100 is an ultimate (100kg per cubic metre density) insulation slab with a certified thermal conductivity (lambda value) of 0.034 W/mK and excellent sound absorption characteristics providing high levels of sound reduction.
75mm x 600mm x 1200mm Knauf RS100 Slab faced with black tissue on two sides has the highest fire rating for non-combustible material and can provide from 30 up to 240 minutes fire protection to the underside of concrete soffits.
The black tissue facings on both sides helps to avoid the slab edges from showing as shadows through the perforated inner sheet and assists in preventing fibre migration, providing approximately four times less fibre migration-bullet.
RS100 Soffit Linerboard is non-combustible with the best possible Euroclass A1 reaction to fire classification, and is manufactured using Knauf Insulation's unique bio-based binder, ECOSE® Technology.
Knauf Rocksilk RS100 Black Tissue Faced Two Sides Insulation Slab 75mm is used for the thermal, fire and acoustic insulation of soffits in a wide range of both residential and non-residential buildings.
Black Tissue Facings on both Sides of Knauf Rocksilk RS100 Insulation Slabs are suitable for use as an insulated underlining solution in structural soffits such as underground car parks.
Rocksilk RS100 Black Tissue Faced 2 Sides Soffit Slabs are odourless, rot proof, non-hygroscopic, do not sustain vermin and will not encourage the growth of fungi, mould or bacteria.
Achieved absorption coefficient of the product will vary according to thickness and density of the slab and application where it is used.
Black Tissue Faced Two Sides Knauf RS100 will have a life equivalent to that of the structure in which it is incorporated.
Knauf RS100 Insulation products made with ECOSE Technology contain no formaldehyde binder, dye or artificial colours.
Pack Quantity: 4
Slab Coverage: 0.72m2
Pack Coverage: 2.88m2
Finish: Black Tissue Faced 2 Sides
Thermal Conductivity: 0.034W/mK
Vapour Resistivity: Negligable, Water Repellent
Building Regulations: Class ‘O’
Fire performance: Euroclass A1 (non-combustible)
Knauf RS100 Black Tissue Faced 2 Sides Slab Features:
· High Density of 100kg/m3.
· Free from CFCs, HCFCs.
· Class A1 Fire classification.
· A+ BRE Green Guide rating.
· Formaldehyde binder free.
· High levels of sound reduction.
· Highest fire rating for non-combustible material.
· Providing high levels of sound reduction.
· Acoustic, Fire and Thermal insulation slab.
· Excellent thermal performance.
· Standard slab size 1200mm x 600mm.
· Odorless, non-hygroscopic, and rot proof product.
· Easy to handle and install insulation.
· Free of dye or artificial colours.
· Black Tissue Faced on Both Sides Insulation Slab.
· Certified thermal conductivity (lambda) of 0.034 W/mK.
· Can provide from 30 up to 240 minutes fire protection.
· Providing approx. 4 times less fibre migration-bullet.
· Excellent sound absorption characteristics.
· Manufactured using revolutionary Knauf ECOSE® Technology.
RS100 (100kg/m3) Black Tissue Faced 2 Sides Slab Installation Guide:
· When fixing a tile or modular system, it is advisable to start with a focus reference slab in the centre of the soffit with subsequent slabs being fixed working towards each edge.
· The use of string lines or laser alignment equipment will assist in ensuring alignment and squareness of the installation.
· If installed into concrete or steel composite deck, a pilot hold should first be drilled prior to the fixing being screwed into place.
· Knauf RS100 Soffit Slabs should be fixed directly to the concrete soffit using Ejot DDS fixings with the Ejot DDT70 washer or similar.
· Care should be taken not to over-tighten fixings to prevent damage to the Knauf RS100 slab surface.
· For further information on fixing type and suitability for the substrate, please refer to the fixing manufacturer.
· It is recommended that all board joints should be staggered and tightly butt jointed.
· Soffit insulation products should not be used for supporting light fittings or services.
· Such installations should be supported from the concrete soffit.
· Where penetrations occur, the boards should be cut locally to ensure a tight fit around the penetration.
· RS100 Slabs can be cut slightly oversized to ensure a tight fit under slight compression around the penetration.
· Any small gaps that result from cutting can be infilled using the Acoustic Intumescent Sealant.
Black Tissue Faced Two Sides RS100 Slab Handling and Safety:
· Knauf RS100 Soffit Liner Slabs (Liner Boards) are easy to handle.
· Care should be exercised to avoid crushing the edges or corners.
· Damaged, contaminated or wet products must not be used.
· During construction exposed areas of slabs should always be covered at the end of a day’s work or in heavy rain.
· Polyethylene covers should be used to provide protection and prevent work from becoming saturated.
· It is recommended that the Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) should be used while handling the product.
· Dust mask (FFP1 minimum), gloves, safety glasses.
· Knife or fine-toothed saw, tape measure.
· It is recommended that dust masks, gloves and long-sleeved clothing should be worn during cutting and handling of the product.
*Further information may be found in our Downloads section.
Fairly easy access to all PDF files.
Datasheet ǀ Declaration of Performance - DoP ǀ BBA Certificate ǀ Installation Guide ǀ Certificates ǀ Brochure ǀ SPEC Sheet
|Board covarage||2.88 m2|
|Colour||Dark brown ǀ Black|
|Fire Protection (Resistance to Fire)||from 30 up to 240 minutes|
|Material||Rock Mineral Wool ǀ Black Tissue Facings x2|
|Pack Quantity||4 slabs|
|Size||75mm x 600mm x 1200mm|
|Fire Classification||Class 'O'|
|Vapour Resistivity||Negligable, Water Repellent Slab|
|BRE Green Guide Rating||A+|
|Building Regulations||Approved Document B|
|Black Tissue Faced||Yes, Two Sides|
|Fire performance||Euroclass A1 (non-combustible)|
|Finish||Black Tissue Faced 2 Sides|
|Quantity||4 slabs per pack|
|Durability||Insulation slab should last the lifetime of your building|
|Shipping method||Articulated Vehicle ǀ Courier|
|Grade||High density (100kg/m3) A1 Insulation Slab|
|Sound insulation reduction||Up to a factor of eight|
|Applications||Structural elements such as concrete car park soffits|
|ECOSE Technology||Yes, ECOSE® (unique bio-based binder)|
|Features||Assists in preventing fibre migration|
|Manufacturer||Knauf Rocksilk RS100®|
We deliver insulation materials to Mainland UK only. Deliveries to Highlands, Northern Ireland, Isle of Wight etc.. might be possible at additional cost.
We offer free delivery on most of the orders above £300 (excluding VAT) (except special products - shipping cost via courier - products marked ''Request A Quote'')
Delivery of some insulation materials might be extended due to the current situation (Covid-19, stock shortages, allocations).
If you need materials quickly please contact us - we will do our best to help you source materials needed.
We do not deliver on weekends and bank holidays. Sometimes we can deliver on Saturdays - please check with us before placing the order.
If you need any further information please contact us tel. 02081910776
We can help to calculate price per m2 or linear meter (one meter in length) cost, please just contact us via phone 02081910776, email or live chat. Alternatively, you can work it out yourself quickly and easily: to get cost per meter square please divide price shown in orange area by ''Required area (m2)'' Example price of £28.80 divided by board coverage 2.88m2 = cost of £10.00 per m2.
No matter whether you choose a local installer or a national company, there’s a few tips to help you find the right installer for your home insulation improvements, such as asking for recommendations and making sure that they’re part of a certification scheme. This makes sure that they have the right skills and standards of workmanship to carry out the installation, and you can be sure that they know exactly what they are doing.
4 TIPS FOR CHOOSING THE BEST INSULATION INSTALLER
1. Thermal inspection picture in portfolio
It’s worth seeing a installer’s previous work. There’s no harm asking if you can see any properties nearby that they’ve installed insulation in. Best way would be to see Infrared Thermal Imaging Inspections. Thermal cameras spot small, but key changes in temperature in different areas of a house, identifying problematic areas that the human eye never could and some that a visual inspection could only hypothesize.
Along with checking recommendations and previous work, finding reviews online can often be a great way to find out if they provide a good service or not. However, it’s best not to solely rely on reviews you may find or review websites, as there’s no controlling who writes them.
3. Compare prices
Comparing prices will also ensure companies can’t take advantage of you and give you a fair price.
4. Word of Mouth
The best way to find a great insulation installer is through recommendations. Make sure you ask friends and family. They will most likely give you their honest opinion and can tell you from first hand experience.
Whether you require a wall, cladding, external wall, loft or floor insulation fitted, you can find and hire your local insulation installers from popular UK web pages. A simple internet search will return thousands of potential installers near your area.
We are the stockist of construction materials and related products for both trade and DIY from most recognizable brands in the UK like Cordek, RCM, Promat, Rockwool, Isover, Celotex, Xtratherm, Ursa, Low-E, Cedral, Kingspan, Dufaylite, British Gypsum, K-rend, Ecotherm, Iko enertherm, Kay-Metzeler, Terrawool to allow you to complete your insulation job on time at competitive prices and the highest standards.