- Brand: RCM®
- Model: 15mm A1 Fire Rated
- Weight: 52.47kg
- Dimensions: 2,400mm x 1,200mm x 15mm
- SKU: 15mm
- Product code: P1-2238
- MPN: 15mm RCM-Y-WALL Class A1
15mm Fire Rated Calcium Silicate Board RCM Y-Wall Class A1 is a high-quality flexible calcium-silicate cement sheathing board designed for use in ceilings, partitions, exterior cladding for buildings over 18meters in height.
RCM Y-WALL Fire Rated Sheathing Board 15mm is a BBA certified building board that can be used on both steel frame and timber frame structures, offsite construction, behind all types of façade solutions, as well in ceilings.
This 2400mm x 1200mm fire rated class A1 to EN 13501-1 RCM Y-Wall sheathing board offers excellent water resistance, outstanding flexibility and strength.
The Y-Wall A1 building boards are manufactured from wet sheet, prior to a process of autoclave and surface finishing.
RCM Y-WALL integrates with other RCM products and is ideal for offsite construction regimes.
Calcium Silicate Board RCM Y-Wall Class A1 can be cut, drilled and nailed using conventional hand tools - offering many of the properties of timber.
Board Coverage: 2.88m2
Density: 1200 kg/m3
Weight: 52.47 kg
Thermal Conductivity: ≤0.23 W/mk
Bending Strength: 12 N/mm2
Surface Front Face: Smooth
Surface Back Face: Textured
Fire Rating: Class A1 to EN 13501-1
Durability (Life Expectancy - Minimum): 30 years
Steel Frame Fixing: 4.8mm x 38mm Wing tip self drilling
Timber Frame Fixing: 4.2mm x 42mm Climaseal self drilling
Fire Reaction: BS EN 13501-1 Class A1 Non-Combustible
Biological Resistance: Highly Resistant
· Easy to use.
· Fire rated to EN 13501-1 class A1.
· BBA approved (Agrément Certificate 14/5109).
· Outstanding flexibility and strength.
· Excellent water resistance.
· Easy to cut, drill and nail.
· High levels of dimensional stability.
· Integrates with other RCM products.
· Fire rated sheathing board.
· OEM applications for improved strength and density.
· Recommended for buildings above 18m.
· Ideal for Offsite Construction Regimes.
· Offering many of the properties of timber
Can RCM Y-Wall be used as a permanently exposed external board?
· No, RCM Y-wall cannot be left permanently exposed.
What is the fire rating of RCM Y-Wall?
· RCM Y-wall is rated as A1 non-combustible.
What applications can RCM Y-Wall be used in?
· RCM Y-wall can be used as an external sheathing board on all structure where a fire rating is required including those greater than 18m in height, where a structure is over 18m in height RCM Y-wall should be used from ground level all the way up the structure.
Which way round should RCM Y-Wall be fitted?
· RCM Y-wall has one smooth face and one textured face, the smooth face should be fixed outermost.
What should be used to tape the board to board joints?
· RCM Dafa tape should be applied to all board to board joints as soon as possible after fixing the boards, unless an airtight seal is required to the external face of the sheathing board, for an airtight seal then the RCM Joint Seal system should be used.
During the construction phase, how long can RCM Y-Wall be left exposed?
· If the joints are taped using RCM Dafa tape as soon as the boards are fitted they can be left exposed during the construction phase for twelve months.
What are the fixing edge distance and maximum fixing centres for RCM Y-Wall?
· RCM Y-wall edge distance is 15mm except at the board corners where fixings should be moved up or down to achieve 50mm. Fixings should be fixed using a maximum 600mm x 300mm grid pattern.
How many fixings are required for RCM Y-Wall?
· 27 No. fixings per 2400mm x 1200mm sheet when fixed in a vertical orientation.
· 25 No. fixings per 2400mm x 1200mm sheet when fixed in a horizontal orientation.
What type of fixings should be used?
· For fixing into SFS framing 4.8mm x 38mm self-drilling wingtip fixings suitably treated against corrosion should be used.
· For fixing into Timber framing 4.2mm x 42mm self-drilling fixings suitably treated against corrosion should be used.
Can RCM Y-Wall be fixed to a radius?
· RCM Y-Wall should not be fixed to a radius but should be cut into vertical strips and fixed to form the curve from a series of flat panels.
What blade is suitable for cutting RCM Y-Wall?
· Poly Crystalline Diamond (PCD) blades suitable for cutting RCM Y-Wall - please contact RCM Technical department for further information.
*Further information may be found in our Downloads section.
Fairly easy access to all PDF files.
Datasheet ǀ Declaration of Performance - DoP ǀ BBA Certificate ǀ Installation Guide ǀ Certificates ǀ Brochure ǀ SPEC Sheet
|Board covarage||2.88 m2|
|Material||Calcium-Silicate Cement Based|
|Fire Reaction||Class A1 Non Combustible|
|Fire performance||Fire Rated ǀ Class A1|
|Finish||Smooth | Textured|
|Durability||Minimum 30 years|
|Steel Frame Fixing||4.8mm x 38mm Wing tip self drilling|
|Applications||Ceilings | Partitions | Cladding | Sheathing|
|Fixing method||Self Drilling Fixings|
|Features||Class A1 Flexible and strong|
We deliver insulation materials to Mainland UK only. Deliveries to Highlands, Northern Ireland, Isle of Wight etc.. might be possible at additional cost.
We offer free delivery on most of the orders above £300 (excluding VAT) (except special products - shipping cost via courier - products marked ''Request A Quote'')
Delivery of some insulation materials might be extended due to the current situation (Covid-19, stock shortages, allocations).
If you need materials quickly please contact us - we will do our best to help you source materials needed.
We do not deliver on weekends and bank holidays. Sometimes we can deliver on Saturdays - please check with us before placing the order.
If you need any further information please contact us tel. 02081910776
We can help to calculate price per m2 or linear meter (one meter in length) cost, please just contact us via phone 02081910776, email or live chat. Alternatively, you can work it out yourself quickly and easily: to get cost per meter square please divide price shown in orange area by ''Required area (m2)'' Example price of £28.80 divided by board coverage 2.88m2 = cost of £10.00 per m2.
No matter whether you choose a local installer or a national company, there’s a few tips to help you find the right installer for your home insulation improvements, such as asking for recommendations and making sure that they’re part of a certification scheme. This makes sure that they have the right skills and standards of workmanship to carry out the installation, and you can be sure that they know exactly what they are doing.
4 TIPS FOR CHOOSING THE BEST INSULATION INSTALLER
1. Thermal inspection picture in portfolio
It’s worth seeing a installer’s previous work. There’s no harm asking if you can see any properties nearby that they’ve installed insulation in. Best way would be to see Infrared Thermal Imaging Inspections. Thermal cameras spot small, but key changes in temperature in different areas of a house, identifying problematic areas that the human eye never could and some that a visual inspection could only hypothesize.
Along with checking recommendations and previous work, finding reviews online can often be a great way to find out if they provide a good service or not. However, it’s best not to solely rely on reviews you may find or review websites, as there’s no controlling who writes them.
3. Compare prices
Comparing prices will also ensure companies can’t take advantage of you and give you a fair price.
4. Word of Mouth
The best way to find a great insulation installer is through recommendations. Make sure you ask friends and family. They will most likely give you their honest opinion and can tell you from first hand experience.
Whether you require a wall, cladding, external wall, loft or floor insulation fitted, you can find and hire your local insulation installers from popular UK web pages. A simple internet search will return thousands of potential installers near your area.
We are the stockist of construction materials and related products for both trade and DIY from most recognizable brands in the UK like Cordek, RCM, Promat, Rockwool, Isover, Celotex, Xtratherm, Ursa, Low-E, Cedral, Kingspan, Dufaylite, British Gypsum, K-rend, Ecotherm, Iko enertherm, Kay-Metzeler, Terrawool to allow you to complete your insulation job on time at competitive prices and the highest standards.