- Brand: Cordek®
- Model: 205mm Cellvent HX (Grade 9/13)
- Dimensions: 2,400mm x 1,200mm x 205mm
- SKU: 205mm Cellvent HX (Grade 9/13)
- Product code: P1-3502
- MPN: 205mm Cellvent HX (Grade 9/13)
205mm Cellvent HX Grade 9/13, an expanded polystyrene (EPS) cellular void former, for use in limiting the pressure exerted on in-situ reinforced suspended concrete floors or piled ground beams.
Cellvent HX is available in a range of specifications and can be used in conjunction with gas membranes, vent outlets and venting accessories to form a complete gas protection system.
Cordek EPS Void Former Formwork Cellvent HX 205x1200x2400mm is designed for use under suitably reinforced ground floor slabs where subsidence is not expected.
Cellvent HX is supplied with an equivalent ventilation capacity to the Ventform 80 range which includes a 40mm void depth, If a greater venting capacity is required, please contact us.
The depth of the Cellvent HX panel will depend upon the amount of ground heave that has been predicted.
Grade 9/13 is calculated and calibrated for concrete thickness up to 300mm (has been tested to achieve the specified performance characteristics).
Cellvent HX is a highly-durable, BBA certified product which meets the NHBC’s Technical Standards.
One of great things about Cordek Cellvent HX is its very simple to work with and doesn't have much dust off when cut on site.
The cost of manufacturing Cellvent HX is considered linearly proportional to its grade which is based on maximum concrete depth.
205mm Cellvent HX Grade 7/10 price is the lowest compared to the higher grades: 9/13, 13/18, 18/24 (price list available upon request/quote).
Equivalent to 205mm Cordek Cellvent HX is 160mm Cordek Cellcore HX S Under Slab.
Grade 9/13 means that safe load is 9kN/m2 and fail load is 13kN/m2 (kilonewtons per m2).
Safe load is a maximum safe force that a Cellvent HX material offers without fear of breaking.
Fail load is not safe force and will cause permanent deformation of the product.
Shrinkage category of 205mm Cellvent HX is classified as medium.
205mm Cordek Cellvent HX Soil Plasticity index is 20-40.
Size: 205mm x 1200mm x 2400mm
Maximum Concrete Depth: 300mm
NHBC Shrinkage Category: Medium
Soil Plasticity Index: 20-40
Maximum Heave Potential: 100mm
Maximum Safe Load: 9kN/m2
Maximum Fail Load: 13kN/m2
Equivalent Cellcore HXS Depth: 160mm
BBA Agrément Certificate: 11/4862
Cordek Cellvent HX Features:
· BBA certified product.
· Patented Product Technology.
· Lightweight but strong.
· Meets the NHBC’s Technical Standards.
· Very simple to work with.
· Doesn't have much dust off when cut on site.
· Unaffected by both UV light and water.
· Robust and easy to install 2400mm x 1200mm panels.
· Moulded production for enhanced and consistent performance.
· Reduces the upward force transmitted to the structure from ground heave.
· Range of thicknesses and grades to suit most project requirements.
· Available in a range of specifications to accommodate the ground conditions.
· Provides combined ground heave protection and gas venting capabilities in a single product.
Cordek Cellvent HX Installation Guidelines:
· The procedure for installing the Cellvent panels is straightforward; the following points should be adhered to.
· Ensure that the Cellvent HX panels are placed upon a firm, level surface.
· A concrete or sand/cement blinding will often be required.
· Do not overload the Cellvent HX panels with reinforcement or surcharge them with concrete.
· All products are delivered in a polythene wrapping and are clearly labelled.
· The packs of Cellvent HX can be manually handled and offloaded upon delivery, taking into account site Health and Safety procedures.
· Due to the relatively light nature of the product, all packs of Cellvent HX should be weighted down or secured if stored outside prior to installation.
· Information contained is for guidance only, and it is intended for experienced construction industry workers.
· It contains summaries of aspects of the subject matter and does not provide comprehensive statements of construction industry practice.
· As conditions of usage and installation are beyond our control we do not warrant performance obtained.
· The information provided within is based on data and knowledge correct at the time of writing.
*Further information may be found in our Downloads section.
Fairly easy access to all PDF files.
Datasheet ǀ Declaration of Performance - DoP ǀ BBA Certificate ǀ Installation Guide ǀ Certificates ǀ Brochure ǀ SPEC Sheet
*Special Product - Non returnable cancelable.
|Board covarage||2.88 m2|
|Colour||White and Green|
|Consistancy||Rigid cellular void former|
|Material||(EPS) Expanded Polystyrene|
|Size||205mm x 1200mm x 2400mm|
|Shipping method||Rigid Vehicle ǀ Courier|
|Applications||Beneath reinforced concrete floor slabs|
|BBA Certified||Yes, no. 11/4862|
|Maximum depth of concrete||300mm|
|Features||Ground heave protection gas venting system|
|Safe load||9 kN/m2|
|Manufacturer||Cordek Cellvent HX®|
|Fail load||13 kN/m2|
We deliver insulation materials to Mainland UK only. Deliveries to Highlands, Northern Ireland, Isle of Wight etc.. might be possible at additional cost.
We offer free delivery on most of the orders above £300 (excluding VAT) (except special products - shipping cost via courier - products marked ''Request A Quote'')
Delivery of some insulation materials might be extended due to the current situation (Covid-19, stock shortages, allocations).
If you need materials quickly please contact us - we will do our best to help you source materials needed.
We do not deliver on weekends and bank holidays. Sometimes we can deliver on Saturdays - please check with us before placing the order.
If you need any further information please contact us tel. 02081910776
We can help to calculate price per m2 or linear meter (one meter in length) cost, please just contact us via phone 02081910776, email or live chat. Alternatively, you can work it out yourself quickly and easily: to get cost per meter square please divide price shown in orange area by ''Required area (m2)'' Example price of £28.80 divided by board coverage 2.88m2 = cost of £10.00 per m2.
No matter whether you choose a local installer or a national company, there’s a few tips to help you find the right installer for your home insulation improvements, such as asking for recommendations and making sure that they’re part of a certification scheme. This makes sure that they have the right skills and standards of workmanship to carry out the installation, and you can be sure that they know exactly what they are doing.
4 TIPS FOR CHOOSING THE BEST INSULATION INSTALLER
1. Thermal inspection picture in portfolio
It’s worth seeing a installer’s previous work. There’s no harm asking if you can see any properties nearby that they’ve installed insulation in. Best way would be to see Infrared Thermal Imaging Inspections. Thermal cameras spot small, but key changes in temperature in different areas of a house, identifying problematic areas that the human eye never could and some that a visual inspection could only hypothesize.
Along with checking recommendations and previous work, finding reviews online can often be a great way to find out if they provide a good service or not. However, it’s best not to solely rely on reviews you may find or review websites, as there’s no controlling who writes them.
3. Compare prices
Comparing prices will also ensure companies can’t take advantage of you and give you a fair price.
4. Word of Mouth
The best way to find a great insulation installer is through recommendations. Make sure you ask friends and family. They will most likely give you their honest opinion and can tell you from first hand experience.
Whether you require a wall, cladding, external wall, loft or floor insulation fitted, you can find and hire your local insulation installers from popular UK web pages. A simple internet search will return thousands of potential installers near your area.
We are the stockist of construction materials and related products for both trade and DIY from most recognizable brands in the UK like Cordek, RCM, Promat, Rockwool, Isover, Celotex, Xtratherm, Ursa, Low-E, Cedral, Kingspan, Dufaylite, British Gypsum, K-rend, Ecotherm, Iko enertherm, Kay-Metzeler, Terrawool to allow you to complete your insulation job on time at competitive prices and the highest standards.