- Brand: British Gypsum®
- Model: 6mm Glasroc F Multiboard
- Dimensions: 2,400mm x 1,200mm x 6mm
- SKU: 6mm
- Product code: P1-737
- MPN: 6mm Glasroc F Multiboard British Gypsum
6mm Glasroc F MultiBoard British Gypsum (GRG) is a highly versatile, non-combustible, Class A1 and Class 0 glass-reinforced gypsum based impact resistant fire protection board that is suitable for constructing all forms of ceilings and partitions, including curved wall applications.
British Gypsum Glasroc F 2400mm x 1200mm fire rated boards are developed using paper-free glass fibre technology, providing the basis for a range of steel encasement and specialist lining systems.
MultiBoard offers quick and simple installation, and measurable performance for maximum fire protection and safety.
Glasroc F MultiBoard is used predominantly as part of the FIRECASE frameless structural steel encasement system, giving up to 120 minutes fire protection.
The high impact resistance and moisture tolerance properties of Glasroc F make it suitable for installation in semi-exposed areas before the building envelope is complete, saving cost and time on major projects.
Glasroc F performance has enhanced moisture resistant performance, now reaching H1 moisture absorption on 6mm board.
British Gypsum Board gives you better fire safety, impact protection, and moisture resistance in one easily applicable product.
Glasroc F MultiBoard is available in square edge only (SE).
British Gypsum GRG Board has white face and reverse side white paper.
Glasroc F multiboard should be stored on a firm, flat and level surface.
Board coverage: 2.88m2
R-value: 0.02 m2K/W
Thermal Conductivity: 0.30W/mK
Board Weight: 17.3 kg
Edge Type: S/E Square Edge
· This product may be cut using a plasterboard saw or by scoring with a sharp knife and snapping the board over a straight edge.
· Holes for switch or socket boxes should be cut out before the boards are fixed using a utility saw or sharp knife.
· When cutting boards, power and hand tools should be used with care and in accordance with the manufacturers recommendations.
· Power tools should only be used by people who have been instructed and trained to use them safely.
· Appropriate personal protective equipment should be used.
· Consider monitoring of exposure levels during this activity.
Limitations of use:
· Glasroc F multiboard is unsuitable for use in areas subject to continuously damp or humid conditions and must not be used to isolate dampness.
· Glasroc F boards are not suitable for use in temperatures above 49°C, but can be subjected to freezing conditions without risk of damage.
· EN standard EN 15283-1 Gypsum boards with fibrous reinforcement.
· Part 1: Gypsum boards with mat reinforcement.
· Type GM: Gypsum boards with mat reinforcement.
· Type H1 (6mm only): Gypsum board with mat reinforcement with reduced water absorption rate.
· Type F: Gypsum boards with mat reinforcement with improved core cohesion at high temperatures.
*Further information may be found in our Downloads section.
Fairly easy access to all PDF files.
Datasheet ǀ Declaration of Performance - DoP ǀ BBA Certificate ǀ Installation Guide ǀ Certificates ǀ Brochure ǀ SPEC Sheet
|Board covarage||2.88 m2|
|Fire Classification||Class A1 and Class 0|
|Edge profile||Square Edge (SE)|
|Shipping method||Articulated Vehicle ǀ Courier|
|Applications||Construction ǀ Partitions ǀ Ceilings|
|Features||Impact resistant fire protection board|
|Manufacturer||British Gypsum Glasroc F®|
We deliver insulation materials to Mainland UK only. Deliveries to Highlands, Northern Ireland, Isle of Wight etc.. might be possible at additional cost.
We offer free delivery on most of the orders above £300 (excluding VAT) (except special products - shipping cost via courier - products marked ''Request A Quote'')
Delivery of some insulation materials might be extended due to the current situation (Covid-19, stock shortages, allocations).
If you need materials quickly please contact us - we will do our best to help you source materials needed.
We do not deliver on weekends and bank holidays. Sometimes we can deliver on Saturdays - please check with us before placing the order.
If you need any further information please contact us tel. 02081910776
We can help to calculate price per m2 or linear meter (one meter in length) cost, please just contact us via phone 02081910776, email or live chat. Alternatively, you can work it out yourself quickly and easily: to get cost per meter square please divide price shown in orange area by ''Required area (m2)'' Example price of £28.80 divided by board coverage 2.88m2 = cost of £10.00 per m2.
No matter whether you choose a local installer or a national company, there’s a few tips to help you find the right installer for your home insulation improvements, such as asking for recommendations and making sure that they’re part of a certification scheme. This makes sure that they have the right skills and standards of workmanship to carry out the installation, and you can be sure that they know exactly what they are doing.
4 TIPS FOR CHOOSING THE BEST INSULATION INSTALLER
1. Thermal inspection picture in portfolio
It’s worth seeing a installer’s previous work. There’s no harm asking if you can see any properties nearby that they’ve installed insulation in. Best way would be to see Infrared Thermal Imaging Inspections. Thermal cameras spot small, but key changes in temperature in different areas of a house, identifying problematic areas that the human eye never could and some that a visual inspection could only hypothesize.
Along with checking recommendations and previous work, finding reviews online can often be a great way to find out if they provide a good service or not. However, it’s best not to solely rely on reviews you may find or review websites, as there’s no controlling who writes them.
3. Compare prices
Comparing prices will also ensure companies can’t take advantage of you and give you a fair price.
4. Word of Mouth
The best way to find a great insulation installer is through recommendations. Make sure you ask friends and family. They will most likely give you their honest opinion and can tell you from first hand experience.
Whether you require a wall, cladding, external wall, loft or floor insulation fitted, you can find and hire your local insulation installers from popular UK web pages. A simple internet search will return thousands of potential installers near your area.
We are the stockist of construction materials and related products for both trade and DIY from most recognizable brands in the UK like Cordek, RCM, Promat, Rockwool, Isover, Celotex, Xtratherm, Ursa, Low-E, Cedral, Kingspan, Dufaylite, British Gypsum, K-rend, Ecotherm, Iko enertherm, Kay-Metzeler, Terrawool to allow you to complete your insulation job on time at competitive prices and the highest standards.