- Brand: Kingspan®
- Model: 75mm Thermabate®
- Weight: 10.13kg
- Dimensions: 3,000mm x 104mm x 75mm
- SKU: TB75
- Product code: P1-2591
- MPN: 75mm Thermabate®
75mm Kingspan Thermabate is a cavity closer box section comprising a uPVC extrusion with a high performance fibre-free rigid thermoset urethane (PUR) insulation core with thermal conductivity of 0.034 W/mK.
It is used to maintain continuous insulation around window and door openings in masonry cavity walls and reduce thermal bridging, condensation risk and mould growth problems.
Kingspan Cavity Closer 75mm provides a simple and effective method for closing cavities around openings in masonry cavity wall constructions and is suitable for use in both new build and refurbishment projects.
Thermabate® is compatible with timber, metal and composite window frames, where the frame and internal lining meet the requirements of acting as a cavity barrier.
The thermally efficient Kingspan Thermabate insulation core inhibits heat transfer and thus reduces thermal bridging, whilst the uPVC casing provides a damp proof barrier.
Kingspan Thermabate Cavity Closer sections are manufactured in ten profile widths ranging from 50-150mm and are available as standard in 3000mm lengths.
The smaller sections of Kingspan Thermabate® Cavity Closer (50mm, 65mm, 75mm, 85mm, 90mm and 100mm) are only single flanged.
The larger sections of Thermabate Cavity Closer (110mm, 125mm, 140mm and 150mm) are twin flanged (the widest of which forming the primary flange).
The casing incorporates tee projections along the two widest plane lengths, which form an effective key for the direct application of plaster or screed, and fins along the two narrowest plane lengths for bedding to mortar.
75mm Kingspan Thermabate® Insulated Cavity Closer is designed to fit cavities from 75mm to 84mm.
Thermal Conductivity: 0.034W/mK
Compressive Strength: 100kPa
Water vapour resistivity: 300MN.s/g.m
Kingspan Thermabate® Cavity Closer Features:
· Inhibited heat transfer.
· Continuous insulation.
· Simplified construction.
· Thermal conductivity (lambda value) of 0.034W/mK.
· Reduces condensation risk and mould growth.
· Weather resistant - forms an integral DPC.
· Reduces thermal bridging.
· For use in England and Wales only.
· Unaffected by air-infiltration.
· Easy to handle and install.
· Non-deleterious material.
· For use in both new build and refurbishment projects.
· Maintains a continuous insulated cavity closer around door and window openings.
· Avoids the need for cut bricks, blocks or special reveal blocks.
· Can be fitted with door and window frames as a combined unit.
· Insulation core manufactured with a blowing agent that has zero ODP and low GWP.
Thermabate Kingspan Cavity Closer Installation:
· Kingspan Thermabate® should be cut using a fine toothed saw in such a manner that cross-sectional cuts are square.
· The removal of flanges from larger sections, when necessary, should be carried out by scoring along the length of the join with a utility knife and then snapping the flange off.
· Ideally, there should be no more than one joint per side of the frame.
· To facilitate good square alignment, factory-cut ends should be butted in preference to those cut on site.
· A high strength self-adhesive aluminium foil tape, no less than 100mm wide, should be applied around the joint to prevent water tracking.
· Plaster, screed and dabs for dry-lining should be applied directly to the tees on the Kingspan Thermabate® casing, as the tees form the key.
· The tops of tees should be flush with the masonry reveal.
· The first coat of plaster should be pricked up into the tees and then scored as a key for the next coat of plaster.
· Where Kingspan Thermabate® is used in conjunction with a floor screed at a door threshold, in order to prevent cracking, the screed should either be of a sufficient thickness (no less than 65mm), or reinforced.
· Kingspan Thermabate® is not loadbearing and therefore must not be used to support door or window frames, or used in place of normal cavity wall ties.
· Sections and frames should be maintained in good condition throughout the duration of the works and should not be unpacked on site until required for immediate use.
· Ideally, sections and frames should be stored inside a building.
· If, however, storage outside cannot be avoided, they should be stored in a dry atmosphere, clear of the ground, out of direct sunlight and covered with an opaque and weatherproof material.
· Sections and frames should not be used where the insulation core has been allowed to get wet.
*Further information may be found in our Downloads section.
Fairly easy access to all PDF files.
*Special Product - Non returnable cancelable.
|Colour||Blue | Green | Light Grey|
|Material||uPVC extrusion with a urethane (PUR) insulation core|
|Pack Quantity||10 lengths|
|Profile||Single Flanged uPVC|
|Size||75mm x 104mm x 3000mm|
|Thermal Conductivity||0.034 W/mK|
|Coverage||3 linear meter per one length|
|Application Temperature||from +5 °C to +25 °C|
|Shipping method||Articulated Vehicle ǀ Courier|
|Applications||Closing cavities around masonry wall openings|
|Features||Maintain continuous insulation in masonry cavity walls|
We offer free delivery on most of the orders above £300 (excluding VAT) (except special products - shipping cost via courier - products marked ''Request A Quote'')
If you need materials quickly please contact us - we will do our best to help you source materials needed.
If you need any further information please contact us tel. 02081910776
4 TIPS FOR CHOOSING THE BEST INSULATION INSTALLER
1. Thermal inspection picture in portfolio
3. Compare prices
Comparing prices will also ensure companies can’t take advantage of you and give you a fair price.
4. Word of Mouth