- Brand: Kingspan®
- Model: 100mm KKCC Cavity Closer
- Weight: 11.52kg
- Dimensions: 2,400mm x 128mm x 100mm
- SKU: KKCC 100
- Product code: P1-2425
- MPN: 100mm KKCC Cavity Closer
100mm Kingspan Kooltherm® Cavity Closer (KKCC 100) is an insulated cavity closer with a premium performance fibre-free rigid thermoset phenolic core designed for closing cavities around masonry wall openings in England and Wales.
Kingspan Kooltherm Cavity Closer 100mm is compatible with uPVC, timber, metal and composite window frames, suitable for use in both new build and refurbishment projects.
It provides a simple and efficient method of closing cavities around openings in masonry cavity walls, and has a thermal conductivity as low as 0.022 W/mK.
The thermally efficient insulation core inhibits heat transfer and thus reduces thermal bridging, whilst the uPVC casing provides a damp proof barrier.
Kingspan Kooltherm® Cavity Closer can reduce the risk of condensation forming at reveals and thus unsightly mould growth, which can lead to the deterioration of plaster, paintwork and wallpaper.
Using this premium performance product you will avoid problems commonly associated with the use of traditional methods for the closing of cavities.
Kingspan Cavity Closer provides a simple and highly effective method for closing cavities around openings in masonry cavity wall constructions in England and Wales.
The insulation component of the product shall be manufactured with a blowing agent that has zero Ozone Depletion Potential (ODP) and low Global Warming Potential (GWP).
KKCC Cavity Closer comes in 2400mm lengths, 100mm thickness is designed to fit 100mm cavities.
Thermal Conductivity: 0.022W/mK
Compressive Strength: 100kPa
Water vapour resistivity: 300MN.s/g.m
Fire Rating (Reaction to Fire): C(Class 1)
Kingspan Kooltherm® Cavity Closer KKCC Features:
· Thermal conductivity of 0.022 W/mK.
· Unaffected by air-infiltration.
· Easy to handle and install.
· Non-deleterious material.
· For use in England and Wales only.
· Simple and efficient method of closing cavities.
· Premium performance fibre-free rigid thermoset phenolic core.
· Simplified SAP calculations - bespoke set of psi-values for jamb and sill details valid for a broad range of constructions.
· Inhibited heat transfer - reduces thermal bridging, condensation risk and mould growth.
· Weather resistant - forms an integral DPC.
· Can be fitted with door and window frames as a combined unit.
· Insulation core manufactured with a blowing agent that has zero ODP and low GWP.
Cavity Closer Kingspan Kooltherm® Installation:
· Cutting should be carried out using a fine toothed saw in such a manner that cross-sectional cuts are square.
· Plaster or floor screed is applied directly to Kingspan Kooltherm® Cavity Closer as the section provides an effective key.
· Where it is used in conjunction with a floor screed at a door threshold, the screed should be of sufficient thickness(65mm minimum) or reinforced to prevent cracking.
· Plastering, the first coat of plaster should be pricked up into the keys on the Kingspan Kooltherm® Cavity Closer and then scored as a key for the next coat of plaster.
· Dry-lining, the dabs for dry lining readily key into the Kingspan Kooltherm® Cavity Closer Fixing Oversailing Window Boards.
· Window boards should be fixed in the conventional manner.
· Direct fixing to Kingspan Kooltherm® Cavity Closer is insufficient.
· Where an embedded tiled inner sill or threshold is required, the Kingspan Kooltherm® Cavity Closer profile provides a key for cement bedding.
· On completion, the frame is sealed to the surrounding masonry and internal plaster in accordance with normal practice.
· Kingspan Kooltherm® Cavity Closer is non-loadbearing and should not be used to support window or door frames, nor used in place of normal cavity wall ties.
· Care must be taken when storing to prevent distortion of the sections.
· Kingspan Kooltherm® Cavity Closer should not be exposed to excessive heat.
· The packaging of Kingspan Kooltherm® Cavity Closer should not be considered adequate for outdoor protection.
· Ideally, sections should be stored inside a building.
· If, however, outdoor storage cannot be avoided, then the sections should be stacked clear of the ground and covered with a polythene sheet or weatherproof tarpaulin.
· Sections where the insulation core has been allowed to get wet should not be used.
· Kingspan Insulation products are chemically inert and safe to use.
*Further information may be found in our Downloads section.
Fairly easy access to all PDF files.
Datasheet ǀ Declaration of Performance - DoP ǀ BBA Certificate ǀ Installation Guide ǀ Certificates ǀ Brochure ǀ SPEC Sheet
*Special Product - Non returnable cancelable.
|Colour||Light shade of red|
|Material||PVCu J-section with a phenolic insulation core|
|Pack Quantity||10 lengths|
|Size||100mm x 128mm x 2400mm|
|Thermal Conductivity||0.022 W/mK|
|Coverage||2.4 linear meter per one length|
|Application Temperature||from +5 °C to +25 °C|
|Shipping method||Articulated Vehicle ǀ Courier|
|Applications||Closing cavities around masonry wall openings|
|Features||Inhibits heat transfer and reduces thermal bridging|
|Manufacturer||Kingspan Kooltherm® KKCC|
We deliver insulation materials to Mainland UK only. Deliveries to Highlands, Northern Ireland, Isle of Wight etc.. might be possible at additional cost.
We offer free delivery on most of the orders above £300 (excluding VAT) (except special products - shipping cost via courier - products marked ''Request A Quote'')
Delivery of some insulation materials might be extended due to the current situation (Covid-19, stock shortages, allocations).
If you need materials quickly please contact us - we will do our best to help you source materials needed.
We do not deliver on weekends and bank holidays. Sometimes we can deliver on Saturdays - please check with us before placing the order.
If you need any further information please contact us tel. 02081910776
We can help to calculate price per m2 or linear meter (one meter in length) cost, please just contact us via phone 02081910776, email or live chat. Alternatively, you can work it out yourself quickly and easily: to get cost per meter square please divide price shown in orange area by ''Required area (m2)'' Example price of £28.80 divided by board coverage 2.88m2 = cost of £10.00 per m2.
No matter whether you choose a local installer or a national company, there’s a few tips to help you find the right installer for your home insulation improvements, such as asking for recommendations and making sure that they’re part of a certification scheme. This makes sure that they have the right skills and standards of workmanship to carry out the installation, and you can be sure that they know exactly what they are doing.
4 TIPS FOR CHOOSING THE BEST INSULATION INSTALLER
1. Thermal inspection picture in portfolio
It’s worth seeing a installer’s previous work. There’s no harm asking if you can see any properties nearby that they’ve installed insulation in. Best way would be to see Infrared Thermal Imaging Inspections. Thermal cameras spot small, but key changes in temperature in different areas of a house, identifying problematic areas that the human eye never could and some that a visual inspection could only hypothesize.
Along with checking recommendations and previous work, finding reviews online can often be a great way to find out if they provide a good service or not. However, it’s best not to solely rely on reviews you may find or review websites, as there’s no controlling who writes them.
3. Compare prices
Comparing prices will also ensure companies can’t take advantage of you and give you a fair price.
4. Word of Mouth
The best way to find a great insulation installer is through recommendations. Make sure you ask friends and family. They will most likely give you their honest opinion and can tell you from first hand experience.
Whether you require a wall, cladding, external wall, loft or floor insulation fitted, you can find and hire your local insulation installers from popular UK web pages. A simple internet search will return thousands of potential installers near your area.
We are the stockist of construction materials and related products for both trade and DIY from most recognizable brands in the UK like Cordek, RCM, Promat, Rockwool, Isover, Celotex, Xtratherm, Ursa, Low-E, Cedral, Kingspan, Dufaylite, British Gypsum, K-rend, Ecotherm, Iko enertherm, Kay-Metzeler, Terrawool to allow you to complete your insulation job on time at competitive prices and the highest standards.