- Brand: Xtratherm®
- Model: 57.5mm XT/TL MR
- Dimensions: 2,400mm x 1,200mm x 57.50mm
- SKU: 57.5mm
- Product code: P1-867
- MPN: 57.5mm XT/TL-MR Moisture Resistant
57.5mm Xtratherm XT/TL-MR Thermaliner PIR MR Moisture Resistant is an insulated panel combined of PIR rigid insulation foam core bonded to 12.5mm green moisture resistant plasterboard designed for internal building areas of high humidity conditions, ideal for receiving a plaster finish or for direct decoration.
XT/TL-MR Thermal Liner Thin-R is designed to improve moisture resistance and thermal performance by reducing effects of moisture and heat loss from buildings in kitchens, bathrooms, toilets, walls and ceilings, fixed with adhesive direct bonding dot and dab technique.
XT/TL-MR moisture resistant insulated plasterboard is especially applicable to room-in-the-roof and refurbishment applications, wherever improving moisture resistance and thermal performance is of relevance.
Xtratherm Thin-R XT/TL-MR is a versatile and durable insulated plasterboard offering strong moisture resistant paper-liners (water repellent) for use as an internal lining material for walls and ceilings.
Thermaline PIR MR Moisture Resistant Board improves energy efficiency of your home and has many benefits, including reduced energy costs and improved living conditions in both newbuild and refurbishment projects.
The composite foil facings on both sides of the XT/TL-MR thermal liner board incorporates an integral vapour control layer, which helps to reduce the risk of condensation.
Thin-R Xtratherm Thermaliner XT/TL-MR Drywall Board is chemically inert and safe to use manufactured with a blowing agent that has zero Ozone Depletion Potential (ODP) and low Global Warming Potential (GWP).
Lightweight and easy to install Thermal Liner XT/TL-MR Drylining Boards are straightforward to handle, fit and transport.
Thermal conductivity of PIR (polyisocyanurate) foam core is 0.022W/mK.
Thermal conductivity of moisture resistant plasterboard is 0.19W/mK.
Thickness: 57.5mm overall (45mm PIR Insulation Board bonded to 12.5mm Moisture Resistant Plasterboard) – MR
Size: 2400mm x 1200mm
Board coverage: 2.88m2
R-Value: 2.15 m2K/W
Thermal Conductivity: 0.022 W/mk
Density (Foam Core): 30-32 Kg/m3
Compressive Strength: >150 kPa
Water Vapour Resistivity: >100 MNs/gm
Reaction to Fire: Euroclass B s1 d0
· Improving moisture resistance and thermal performance.
· Applications: kitchen and bathroom, walls and ceilings.
· Strong moisture resistant paperliners - water repellent.
· Insulation and drylining in one easy applicable product.
· Provides effective Vapour Control Layer (VCL).
· Thermal conductivity of PIR core as low as 0.022W/mK.
· Reduced insulation thickness.
· Helps to reduce the risk of condensation.
· Suitable for a variety of wall types.
· Cost effective 3 in 1 solution.
· Suitable for refurbishment and new build.
· Improving living conditions.
· Easy to install and decorate.
Handling, Cutting and Storage:
· Xtratherm insulation should be stored off the ground, on a clean flat surface and must be stored under cover.
· The polythene wrapping is not considered adequate protection for outside exposure.
· Care should be taken to protect the insulation in storage and during the build process.
· The insulation boards can be readily cut using a sharp knife or fine toothed saw.
· Ensure tight fitting of the insulation boards to achieve continuity of insulation as asked for within the ACDs.
· Appropriate PPE should be worn when handling insulation.
· Xtratherm products are stable, rot proof and will remain effective for the life span of the building, dependent on specification and installation.
· Care should be taken to avoid contact with acids, petrol, alkalis and mineral oil, when contact is made, clean materials in a safe manner before installation.
Installation guideline step by step:
1. Ensure the wall is dry and free from any protrusions / wall paper etc.
2. Mark the position of XT/TL-MR on the wall.
Setting out and planning board positioning is essential.
3. Apply adhesive dabs to the wall in accordance with BS8212, ensuring a 50mm continuous ribbon of adhesive is created at the top and bottom of each board and around all openings.
Follow adhesive manufacturer’s guidelines.
General recommendation is to apply vertical dabs at 300mm centres, 25mm in from the edge.
Dabs should be 50-75mm wide and approximately 25mm deep to allow for tamping.
Total contact with board area should be minimum 20%.
Maximum height installation for this system is 3m.
4. Lift the XT/TL-MR into position using wedges on the floor.
5. Align XT/TL-MR squarely on wall.
Apply pressure to the board to level and embed it into the adhesive.
Allow a 15mm expansion joint at the top and bottom of the panel, and fill with foam filler.
Insulation should be cut back to accommodate an adjoining panel at external corners.
Joints should be tightly butted.
6. When the adhesive has dried, 3 mechanical fixings (thermally broken) should be fixed through the centre of the board.
7. Seal and tape the joints of XT/TL to ensure a the continuous vapour control layer is created.
8. Plaster skim to finish.
When upgrading existing properties, a professional should be engaged to assess the property for appropriate insulation treatments and effective detailing.
Walls should be dry and decoration stripped back to the wall substrate.
Appropriate ventilation strategies must be considered as part of the overall energy upgrade.
Guidance in PAS2030:2017 ‘Specification for the installation of energy efficiency measures.
(EEM) in existing buildings and BS8212 Code of practice for dry lining and partitions should be consulted.
Special product - non returnable / cancellable.
|Board covarage||2.88 m2|
|Compressive Strength||150 kPa|
|Material||PIR ǀ Moisture resistant plasterboard|
|Size||2400mm x 1200mm|
|Thermal Conductivity||0.022 W/mk|
|Water Vapour Resistivity||100 MNs/gm|
|Vapour Resistivity||100 MNs/gm|
|Finish||Composite Kraft facings|
|Shipping method||Articulated Vehicle ǀ Courier|
|Applications||Kitchen ǀ Bathroom ǀ Walls ǀ Ceilings|
|Vapour Control Layer||Yes, build in|
|Fixing method||Adhesive bonding ǀ Dot and Dab|
|Features||Moisture Resistant Insulated Plasterboard|
|Manufacturer||Xtratherm MR Thermal-Liner®|
We offer free delivery on most of the orders above £300 (excluding VAT) (except special products - shipping cost via courier - products marked ''Request A Quote'')
If you need materials quickly please contact us - we will do our best to help you source materials needed.
If you need any further information please contact us tel. 02081910776
4 TIPS FOR CHOOSING THE BEST INSULATION INSTALLER
1. Thermal inspection picture in portfolio
3. Compare prices
Comparing prices will also ensure companies can’t take advantage of you and give you a fair price.
4. Word of Mouth