- Brand: Kingspan®
- Model: 85mm Thermabate®
- Weight: 11.47kg
- Dimensions: 3,000mm x 104mm x 85mm
- SKU: TB85
- Product code: P1-2592
- MPN: 85mm Thermabate®
Cavity Closer 85mm Kingspan Thermabate® the original insulated cavity closer, uPVC extrusion with a fibre-free rigid thermoset urethane (PUR) insulation core with certified thermal conductivity (lambda value) of 0.034 W/mK.
It is used to maintain continuous insulation around window and door openings in masonry cavity walls and reduce thermal bridging, condensation risk and mould growth problems.
85mm Kingspan Cavity Closer provides a simple and effective method for closing cavities around openings in masonry cavity wall constructions and is suitable for use in both new build and refurbishment projects.
Thermabate® is compatible with timber, metal and composite window frames, where the frame and internal lining meet the requirements of acting as a cavity barrier.
The thermally efficient Kingspan Thermabate insulation core inhibits heat transfer and thus reduces thermal bridging, whilst the uPVC casing provides a damp proof barrier.
Kingspan Thermabate Cavity Closer sections are manufactured in ten profile widths ranging from 50-150mm and are available as standard in 3000mm lengths.
The smaller sections of Kingspan Thermabate® Cavity Closer (50mm, 65mm, 75mm, 85mm, 90mm and 100mm) are only single flanged.
The larger sections of Thermabate Cavity Closer (110mm, 125mm, 140mm and 150mm) are twin flanged (the widest of which forming the primary flange).
The casing incorporates tee projections along the two widest plane lengths, which form an effective key for the direct application of plaster or screed, and fins along the two narrowest plane lengths for bedding to mortar.
85mm Kingspan Thermabate® Insulated Cavity Closer is designed to fit cavities from 85mm to 94mm.
Thermal Conductivity: 0.034W/mK
Compressive Strength: 100kPa
Water vapour resistivity: 300MN.s/g.m
Kingspan Thermabate® Cavity Closer Features:
· Inhibited heat transfer.
· Continuous insulation.
· Simplified construction.
· Thermal conductivity (lambda value) of 0.034W/mK.
· Reduces condensation risk and mould growth.
· Weather resistant - forms an integral DPC.
· Reduces thermal bridging.
· For use in England and Wales only.
· Unaffected by air-infiltration.
· Easy to handle and install.
· Non-deleterious material.
· For use in both new build and refurbishment projects.
· Maintains a continuous insulated cavity closer around door and window openings.
· Avoids the need for cut bricks, blocks or special reveal blocks.
· Can be fitted with door and window frames as a combined unit.
· Insulation core manufactured with a blowing agent that has zero ODP and low GWP.
Thermabate Kingspan Cavity Closer Installation:
· Kingspan Thermabate® should be cut using a fine toothed saw in such a manner that cross-sectional cuts are square.
· The removal of flanges from larger sections, when necessary, should be carried out by scoring along the length of the join with a utility knife and then snapping the flange off.
· Ideally, there should be no more than one joint per side of the frame.
· To facilitate good square alignment, factory-cut ends should be butted in preference to those cut on site.
· A high strength self-adhesive aluminium foil tape, no less than 100mm wide, should be applied around the joint to prevent water tracking.
· Plaster, screed and dabs for dry-lining should be applied directly to the tees on the Kingspan Thermabate® casing, as the tees form the key.
· The tops of tees should be flush with the masonry reveal.
· The first coat of plaster should be pricked up into the tees and then scored as a key for the next coat of plaster.
· Where Kingspan Thermabate® is used in conjunction with a floor screed at a door threshold, in order to prevent cracking, the screed should either be of a sufficient thickness (no less than 65mm), or reinforced.
· Kingspan Thermabate® is not loadbearing and therefore must not be used to support door or window frames, or used in place of normal cavity wall ties.
· Sections and frames should be maintained in good condition throughout the duration of the works and should not be unpacked on site until required for immediate use.
· Ideally, sections and frames should be stored inside a building.
· If, however, storage outside cannot be avoided, they should be stored in a dry atmosphere, clear of the ground, out of direct sunlight and covered with an opaque and weatherproof material.
· Sections and frames should not be used where the insulation core has been allowed to get wet.
*Further information may be found in our Downloads section.
Fairly easy access to all PDF files.
Datasheet ǀ Declaration of Performance - DoP ǀ BBA Certificate ǀ Installation Guide ǀ Certificates ǀ Brochure ǀ SPEC Sheet
*Special Product - Non returnable cancelable.
|Colour||Blue | Green | Light Grey|
|Material||uPVC extrusion with a urethane (PUR) insulation core|
|Pack Quantity||10 lengths|
|Profile||Single Flanged uPVC|
|Size||85mm x 104mm x 3000mm|
|Thermal Conductivity||0.034 W/mK|
|Coverage||3 linear meter per one length|
|Application Temperature||from +5 °C to +25 °C|
|Shipping method||Articulated Vehicle ǀ Courier|
|Applications||Closing cavities around masonry wall openings|
|Features||Maintain continuous insulation in masonry cavity walls|
We deliver insulation materials to Mainland UK only. Deliveries to Highlands, Northern Ireland, Isle of Wight etc.. might be possible at additional cost.
We offer free delivery on most of the orders above £300 (excluding VAT) (except special products - shipping cost via courier - products marked ''Request A Quote'')
Delivery of some insulation materials might be extended due to the current situation (Covid-19, stock shortages, allocations).
If you need materials quickly please contact us - we will do our best to help you source materials needed.
We do not deliver on weekends and bank holidays. Sometimes we can deliver on Saturdays - please check with us before placing the order.
If you need any further information please contact us tel. 02081910776
We can help to calculate price per m2 or linear meter (one meter in length) cost, please just contact us via phone 02081910776, email or live chat. Alternatively, you can work it out yourself quickly and easily: to get cost per meter square please divide price shown in orange area by ''Required area (m2)'' Example price of £28.80 divided by board coverage 2.88m2 = cost of £10.00 per m2.
No matter whether you choose a local installer or a national company, there’s a few tips to help you find the right installer for your home insulation improvements, such as asking for recommendations and making sure that they’re part of a certification scheme. This makes sure that they have the right skills and standards of workmanship to carry out the installation, and you can be sure that they know exactly what they are doing.
4 TIPS FOR CHOOSING THE BEST INSULATION INSTALLER
1. Thermal inspection picture in portfolio
It’s worth seeing a installer’s previous work. There’s no harm asking if you can see any properties nearby that they’ve installed insulation in. Best way would be to see Infrared Thermal Imaging Inspections. Thermal cameras spot small, but key changes in temperature in different areas of a house, identifying problematic areas that the human eye never could and some that a visual inspection could only hypothesize.
Along with checking recommendations and previous work, finding reviews online can often be a great way to find out if they provide a good service or not. However, it’s best not to solely rely on reviews you may find or review websites, as there’s no controlling who writes them.
3. Compare prices
Comparing prices will also ensure companies can’t take advantage of you and give you a fair price.
4. Word of Mouth
The best way to find a great insulation installer is through recommendations. Make sure you ask friends and family. They will most likely give you their honest opinion and can tell you from first hand experience.
Whether you require a wall, cladding, external wall, loft or floor insulation fitted, you can find and hire your local insulation installers from popular UK web pages. A simple internet search will return thousands of potential installers near your area.
We are the stockist of construction materials and related products for both trade and DIY from most recognizable brands in the UK like Cordek, RCM, Promat, Rockwool, Isover, Celotex, Xtratherm, Ursa, Low-E, Cedral, Kingspan, Dufaylite, British Gypsum, K-rend, Ecotherm, Iko enertherm, Kay-Metzeler, Terrawool to allow you to complete your insulation job on time at competitive prices and the highest standards.