- Brand: Unilin Insulation (UK) known as Xtratherm
- Model: 150mm Fire Rated Cavity Closer
- Weight: 19.00kg
- Dimensions: 1,200mm x 200mm x 150mm
- SKU: 150mm Fire Rated Cavity Closer
- Product code: P1-3447
- MPN: 150mm Fire Rated Cavity Closer
150x200x1200mm Unilin Safe-R Close-R Fire Rated Cavity Closer is used for closing the cavities around window and door openings to achieve a minimum 60 minutes fire resistance.
Safe-R Close-R Cavity Closer achieves an excellent fire rating and allows for the correct placement of wall ties to meet Passive and Future Homes Standards for Thermal Bridging.
Close-R Phenolic and Mineral Wool Reveal Closers are used to close cavities and are suited to all types of windows and doors to fit cavity widths from 100mm - 150mm.
Cavity Closer achieves an excess of 4 hour fire rating in a 150mm cavity when tested to EN1366-4, ensures continuity of insulation and is suitable for use at expansion joints.
The combination of stone wool with Safe-R rigid phenolic foam insulation core meets the highest thermal and fire targets and ensures tight fit within cavity opening.
The Safe-R Close-R acts as a template for the correct placement of ties at every block course ensuring compliance with AD Part A.
Stonewool acts as a compressive layer to embed wall ties and allow seamless fit with chosen wall insulation.
Size: 150mm x 200mm x 2400mm
Pack Quantity: 6 closers
Pack Coverage: 1.44m2
Board Coverage: 0.24m2
R-Value: 7.000 m2K/W
Density (Foam Core): 30kg/m3
Thermal Conductivity: 0.020 W/mK
Compressive Strength: >100 (kPa)
Reaction to Fire: 60 – 240 minutes
Unilin Safe-R Close-R Cavity Closer Features:
· Saves time.
· Cost effective.
· Suites 100 - 150mm cavities.
· Suited to all types of windows and doors.
· Meets new updated building regulations requirements.
· Preventing cold bridging, damp penetration and condensation.
· Combination of stone wool with Safe-R rigid phenolic foam insulation core.
· Ensures continuity of insulation and is suitable for use at expansion joints.
· Achieves in excess of 4 hour fire rating in a 150mm cavity when tested to EN1366-4.
Unilin Safe-R Close-R Cavity Closer Installation Guidelines:
· Safe-R is a superior performance Phenolic insulation with an enhanced fire classification.
· The combination of StoneWool with Safe-R Phenolic was tested to EN1363-1 and EN1364-1.
· The high thermal performance provides certified PSI values reaching Passive Thermal Bridging standards.
· Wall plate eaves - cavities should be closed both to provide an effective seal restricting the possibility of fire with the advantage of restricting heat loss through convection within the cavity.
· Safe-R Close-R provides compliance with thermal, fire and structural requirements.
· Movement joints - Safe-R Close-R allows wall ties to be placed correctly at either side of movement joints in a wall.
· Safe-R Close-R is available with a PVC weatherproof casing that is keyed to accept a plaster finish.
· Heat loss through Thermal Bridging in a well-insulated dwelling can account for up to 30% of the total heat loss.
· Ineffective detailing in a well-insulated building leads to localised cold spots, condensation and mould growth.
· The effective reduction of Thermal Bridging at junctions in buildings is a key step in achieving Future Homes Standard and Passive performance in buildings.
· The reveal junctions, in addition to gable and eaves junctions, combine to be the largest thermal bridge within a building and are therefore one of the most critical.
· Mould growth is most evident at window reveals and ceiling junctions, and they must be properly detailed.
· Current building regulations emphasise that the designer should identify thermal bridges and provide detailed drawings of all junctions, steps, angles and stop ends, to enable fabrication either on or off site.
· Accredited Thermal Bridging Certificates and Thermal Bridging Guides are available from Unilin Technical Support.
· Unilin have CPD presentations available on Thermal Bridging and the Calculations of Y Values.
*Further information may be found in our Downloads section.
Fairly easy access to all PDF files.
Datasheet ǀ Declaration of Performance - DoP ǀ BBA Certificate ǀ Installation Guide ǀ Certificates ǀ Brochure ǀ SPEC Sheet
*Special Product - Non returnable cancelable.
|Board covarage||1.44 m2|
|Colour||Light pink and yellow|
|Material||Phenolic and Stone Wool core|
|Pack Quantity||6 closers|
|Size||150mm x 200mm x 1200mm|
|Thermal Conductivity||0.020 W/mK|
|Fire Reaction||60-240minutes fire resistance|
|Finish||Protective red sleeve|
|Quantity||6 cavity closers|
|Shipping method||Articulated Vehicle ǀ Courier|
|Fixing method||Mortar, Cavity Wall Ties|
|Foil faced||Yes, foil facings on both sides|
|U-value||0.11 - 0.20 W/m²K|
|Features||Meets Passive and Future Homes Standards|
We deliver insulation materials to Mainland UK only. Deliveries to Highlands, Northern Ireland, Isle of Wight etc.. might be possible at additional cost.
We offer free delivery on most of the orders above £300 (excluding VAT) (except special products - shipping cost via courier - products marked ''Request A Quote'')
Delivery of some insulation materials might be extended due to the current situation (Covid-19, stock shortages, allocations).
If you need materials quickly please contact us - we will do our best to help you source materials needed.
We do not deliver on weekends and bank holidays. Sometimes we can deliver on Saturdays - please check with us before placing the order.
If you need any further information please contact us tel. 02081910776
We can help to calculate price per m2 or linear meter (one meter in length) cost, please just contact us via phone 02081910776, email or live chat. Alternatively, you can work it out yourself quickly and easily: to get cost per meter square please divide price shown in orange area by ''Required area (m2)'' Example price of £28.80 divided by board coverage 2.88m2 = cost of £10.00 per m2.
No matter whether you choose a local installer or a national company, there’s a few tips to help you find the right installer for your home insulation improvements, such as asking for recommendations and making sure that they’re part of a certification scheme. This makes sure that they have the right skills and standards of workmanship to carry out the installation, and you can be sure that they know exactly what they are doing.
4 TIPS FOR CHOOSING THE BEST INSULATION INSTALLER
1. Thermal inspection picture in portfolio
It’s worth seeing a installer’s previous work. There’s no harm asking if you can see any properties nearby that they’ve installed insulation in. Best way would be to see Infrared Thermal Imaging Inspections. Thermal cameras spot small, but key changes in temperature in different areas of a house, identifying problematic areas that the human eye never could and some that a visual inspection could only hypothesize.
Along with checking recommendations and previous work, finding reviews online can often be a great way to find out if they provide a good service or not. However, it’s best not to solely rely on reviews you may find or review websites, as there’s no controlling who writes them.
3. Compare prices
Comparing prices will also ensure companies can’t take advantage of you and give you a fair price.
4. Word of Mouth
The best way to find a great insulation installer is through recommendations. Make sure you ask friends and family. They will most likely give you their honest opinion and can tell you from first hand experience.
Whether you require a wall, cladding, external wall, loft or floor insulation fitted, you can find and hire your local insulation installers from popular UK web pages. A simple internet search will return thousands of potential installers near your area.
We are the stockist of construction materials and related products for both trade and DIY from most recognizable brands in the UK like Cordek, RCM, Promat, Rockwool, Isover, Celotex, Xtratherm, Ursa, Low-E, Cedral, Kingspan, Dufaylite, British Gypsum, K-rend, Ecotherm, Iko enertherm, Kay-Metzeler, Terrawool to allow you to complete your insulation job on time at competitive prices and the highest standards.