- Brand: Unilin Insulation (UK) known as Xtratherm
- Model: 32.5mm XT/TL-FR
- Dimensions: 2,400mm x 1,200mm x 32.50mm
- SKU: 32.5mm XT/TL-FR
- Product code: P1-3303
- MPN: 32.5mm XT/TL-FR
32.5mm (33mm) XT/TL-FR Fire Resistant Insulated Plasterboard is made of 20mm Unilin PIR foam insulation core bonded to 12.5mm fire plasterboard used in drylining applications where fire rating is crucial.
Fire Resistant Insulated Plasterboard with a Pink Paper Face offers 30 minutes fire protection in a single layer and is an ideal solution for receiving a plaster finish or for direct decoration.
XT/TL-FR Fire Rated (30 minutes) Insulation Board improves fire protection and thermal performance in kitchens, bathrooms, toilets, walls and ceilings.
This Drylining Board provides an effective vapour control layer and is suitable for a variety of wall types for both refurbishment and new build projects.
The composite kraft facing on both sides of the XT/TL-FR Thermal Laminate incorporates an integral vapour barrier, which helps to reduce the risk of condensation.
Fire Plasterboard can provide up to 60 minutes fire resistance, which can be achieved with a double layer application.
If you need a 60 minutes fire rating you can use a second layer of fire plasterboard over the installed XT/TL-FR insulated plasterboard.
This fire insulated plasterboard can be readily cut using a sharp knife or fine toothed saw.
Appropriate PPE should be worn when handling XT/TL-FR Insulated Plasterboard.
Thermal conductivity of PIR (polyisocyanurate) foam core is 0.022 W/mK.
Thermal conductivity of fire shield plasterboard is 0.24 W/mK.
Size: 32.5mm x 1200mm x 2400mm
Board coverage: 2.88m2
R-Value: 1.07 m2K/W
Thermal Conductivity: 0.022 W/mk
Density (Foam Core): 30-32 Kg/m3
Compressive Strength: >150 kPa
Water Vapour Resistivity: >100 MNs/gm
Reaction to Fire PIR Core: Euroclass B s1 d0
Reaction to Fire Plasterboard: 30 minutes Fire Rated
XT/TL-FR Fire Resistant Insulated Plasterboard Features:
· Used in drylining applications where fire rating is crucial.
· Pink Paper Face offers 30 minutes fire protection in a single layer.
· Can be readily cut using a sharp knife or fine toothed saw.
· Improving fire resistance and thermal performance.
· Applications: kitchen and bathroom, walls and ceilings.
· Strong fire resistant paperliners - 30 minutes fire rated.
· Insulation and drylining in one easy applicable product.
· Provides effective Vapour Control Layer (VCL).
· Thermal conductivity of PIR core as low as 0.022W/mK.
· Reduced insulation thickness.
· Helps to reduce the risk of condensation.
· Suitable for a variety of wall types.
· Cost effective 3 in 1 solution.
· Suitable for refurbishment and new build.
· Improving living conditions.
· Easy to install and decorate.
Insulated Plasterboard XT/TL-FR (Fire Resistant) Installation:
· Ensure the wall is dry and free from any protrusions / wall paper etc.
· Mark the position of Unilin XT/TL-FR fire resistant insulated plasterboard on the wall.
· Setting out and planning board positioning is essential.
· Apply adhesive dabs to the wall in accordance with BS8212, ensuring a 50mm continuous ribbon of adhesive is created at the top and bottom of each board and around all openings.
· Follow adhesive manufacturer’s guidelines.
· General recommendation is to apply vertical dabs at 300mm centres, 25mm in from the edge.
· Dabs should be 50-75mm wide and approximately 25mm deep to allow for tamping.
· Total contact with board area should be minimum 20%.
· Maximum height installation for this system is 3m.
· Lift the XT/TL-FR fire resistant insulated plasterboard into position using wedges on the floor.
· Align XT/TL-FR fire resistant insulated plasterboard squarely on wall.
· Apply pressure to the board to level and embed it into the adhesive.
· Allow a 15mm expansion joint at the top and bottom of the panel, and fill with foam filler.
· Insulation should be cut back to accommodate an adjoining panel at external corners.
· Joints should be tightly butted.
· When the adhesive has dried, 3 mechanical fixings (thermally broken) should be fixed through the centre of the board.
· Seal and tape the joints of XT/TL-FR fire resistant insulated plasterboard to ensure a the continuous vapour control layer is created.
· Plaster skim to finish.
· When upgrading existing properties, a professional should be engaged to assess the property for appropriate insulation treatments and effective detailing.
· Walls should be dry and decoration stripped back to the wall substrate.
· Appropriate ventilation strategies must be considered as part of the overall energy upgrade.
· Guidance in PAS2030:2017 ‘Specification for the installation of energy efficiency measures.
· (EEM) in existing buildings and BS8212 Code of practice for dry lining and partitions should be consulted.
Special product - non returnable / cancellable.
|Board covarage||2.88 m2|
|Compressive Strength||150 kPa|
|Material||PIR ǀ Fire resistant plasterboard|
|Size||32.5mm x 1200mm x 2400mm|
|Thermal Conductivity||0.022 W/mk|
|Water Vapour Resistivity||100 MNs/gm|
|Fire Classification||30 minutes|
|Vapour Resistivity||100 MNs/gm|
|Finish||Pink Paper Face offers 30 minutes fire protection|
|Shipping method||Articulated Vehicle ǀ Courier|
|Applications||Kitchen ǀ Bathroom ǀ Walls ǀ Ceilings|
|Type||Fire Resistant Insulated Plasterboard|
|Vapour Control Layer||Yes, build in|
|Fixing method||Adhesive bonding (Dot and Dab)|
|Decoration||Accept drywall adhesive|
|Features||30 minutes fire protection in a single layer|
|Manufacturer||Unilin Insulation® ǀ Knauf Drywall®|
We deliver insulation materials to Mainland UK only. Deliveries to Highlands, Northern Ireland, Isle of Wight etc.. might be possible at additional cost.
We offer free delivery on most of the orders above £300 (excluding VAT) (except special products - shipping cost via courier - products marked ''Request A Quote'')
Delivery of some insulation materials might be extended due to the current situation (Covid-19, stock shortages, allocations).
If you need materials quickly please contact us - we will do our best to help you source materials needed.
We do not deliver on weekends and bank holidays. Sometimes we can deliver on Saturdays - please check with us before placing the order.
If you need any further information please contact us tel. 02081910776
We can help to calculate price per m2 or linear meter (one meter in length) cost, please just contact us via phone 02081910776, email or live chat. Alternatively, you can work it out yourself quickly and easily: to get cost per meter square please divide price shown in orange area by ''Required area (m2)'' Example price of £28.80 divided by board coverage 2.88m2 = cost of £10.00 per m2.
No matter whether you choose a local installer or a national company, there’s a few tips to help you find the right installer for your home insulation improvements, such as asking for recommendations and making sure that they’re part of a certification scheme. This makes sure that they have the right skills and standards of workmanship to carry out the installation, and you can be sure that they know exactly what they are doing.
4 TIPS FOR CHOOSING THE BEST INSULATION INSTALLER
1. Thermal inspection picture in portfolio
It’s worth seeing a installer’s previous work. There’s no harm asking if you can see any properties nearby that they’ve installed insulation in. Best way would be to see Infrared Thermal Imaging Inspections. Thermal cameras spot small, but key changes in temperature in different areas of a house, identifying problematic areas that the human eye never could and some that a visual inspection could only hypothesize.
Along with checking recommendations and previous work, finding reviews online can often be a great way to find out if they provide a good service or not. However, it’s best not to solely rely on reviews you may find or review websites, as there’s no controlling who writes them.
3. Compare prices
Comparing prices will also ensure companies can’t take advantage of you and give you a fair price.
4. Word of Mouth
The best way to find a great insulation installer is through recommendations. Make sure you ask friends and family. They will most likely give you their honest opinion and can tell you from first hand experience.
Whether you require a wall, cladding, external wall, loft or floor insulation fitted, you can find and hire your local insulation installers from popular UK web pages. A simple internet search will return thousands of potential installers near your area.
We are the stockist of construction materials and related products for both trade and DIY from most recognizable brands in the UK like Cordek, RCM, Promat, Rockwool, Isover, Celotex, Xtratherm, Ursa, Low-E, Cedral, Kingspan, Dufaylite, British Gypsum, K-rend, Ecotherm, Iko enertherm, Kay-Metzeler, Terrawool to allow you to complete your insulation job on time at competitive prices and the highest standards.