- Brand: Unilin Insulation (UK) known as Xtratherm
- Model: 40mm Unilin FR/ALU
- Weight: 28.80kg
- Dimensions: 2,400mm x 1,200mm x 40mm
- SKU: 40mm Unilin FR/ALU
- Product code: P1-3321
- MPN: 40mm Unilin FR/ALU
40mm Flat Roof Thin-R FR/ALU is a high performance Polyisocyanurate flat roof insulation with vapour resistant aluminium foil facings suitable for use with single ply membranes.
Flat Roof Board FR/ALU is used as a thermal insulation and to create or improve falls on limited access concrete, timber or metal flat roof decks, in new and existing buildings.
Unilin FR/ALU Insulation Board is designed for use in conjunction with a vapour control layer and a single-ply mechanically fixed roof waterproofing membrane.
FR/ALU flat roof boards should be laid over the vapour control layer in a break bonded pattern.
Unilin Thin-R flat roof insulation boards should be secured by approved mechanical fixings.
The requirement for a separate vapour control layer should be assessed in accordance with BS 6229.
Typically, a 1000 gauge polythene should be used with all joints lapped and sealed.
Any fixings that penetrate it must be of the self sealing type that fuse to the vapour control layer during application.
Flat Roof FR/ALU foil faced insulation boards are suitable for use on roof decks that are subject to maintenance traffic.
The completed roof should not be used for storage of heavy materials or an air conditioning plant.
Size: 40mm x 1200mm x 2400mm
Pack Quantity: 7 sheets
Pack Coverage: 20.16m2
Board Coverage: 2.88m2
Profile: Square Edge
Density (Foam Core): 32kg/m3
Thermal Conductivity: 0.022W/mK
Compressive Strength: >150 (kPa)
Reaction to Fire: Euroclass B, s2-d0
Unilin FR/ALU Flat Roof Board Features:
· BBA certified (11/4817).
· High thermal performance.
· Easy to handle and install.
· Vapour resistant gas-tight foil facers.
· High compressive strength >150 kPa.
· Standard sheets size 2400mm x 1200mm.
· Compatible with mechanically fixed single ply systems.
· Faced on both sides with composite gas-tight aluminium foil.
· Suitable for loose laid roofing ballasted systems.
· Certified thermal conductivity of 0.022 W/mK.
Unilin Thin-R FR/ALU Flat Roof Board Installation Guide:
· The water vapour control layer should be laid with 150mm laps, which are turned up at any vertical upstand.
· When the insulation boards have been positioned, the laps are turned over and sealed prior to the roof finish being completed.
· The Flat Roof ALU foil faced boards should be laid over the vapour control layer in a break bonded pattern.
· The long edges of the boards should be laid at right angles to the corrugations and all board joints must be fully supported by the deck.
· The boards are generally secured by approved mechanical fixings.
· The Flat Roof ALU boards are laid over the vapour control layer in a break bonded pattern and secured with approved mechanical fixings, or secured under a ballasted system.
· Care should be taken to ensure that the concrete deck is graded to the correct falls, dry, clean and free from any projections or gaps.
· The specification for fixing Unilin roof boards will vary with the location, roof height, area and topographical data.
· Architectural specification should be consulted.
· Generally, with 2400mm x 1200mm boards, a minimum of 6 fixings are adequate, located between 50mm and 150mm from all edges, additional fixings may be placed along the centre line.
· Additional fixings around roof perimeter may be required.
· 11 fixings per 2400mm x 1200mm sheet is recommended.
· Counter sunk washers, 50mm in diameter, should be used with each fixing.
· However, BS 6399 Part 2 or BS EN 1991-1.4: 2005 + A1: 2010 (National Annex to Eurocode 1.Actions on structures. General Actions. Wind Actions) should always be consulted.
· During the construction process, the construction should be protected from rain penetration during breaks in the process.
· It is recommended to seek advice from the fixing manufacturer for specific guidance.
Unilin FR/ALU Certification and Standards:
· BBA Certification No. 11/4817.
· BS EN ISO 9001 Quality Management System.
· BS EN ISO 14001 Environmental Management System.
*Further information may be found in our Downloads section.
Fairly easy access to all PDF files.
Datasheet ǀ Declaration of Performance - DoP ǀ BBA Certificate ǀ Installation Guide ǀ Certificates ǀ Brochure ǀ SPEC Sheet
*Special Product - Non returnable cancelable.
|Board covarage||20.16 m2|
|Material||Polyisocyanurate Rigid Foam|
|Pack Quantity||7 boards|
|Size||40mm x 1200mm x 2400mm|
|Thermal Conductivity||0.022 W/mK|
|Fire Reaction||Euroclass B, s2-d0|
|Finish||Vapour resistant gas-tight foil|
|Shipping method||Articulated Vehicle ǀ Courier|
|Applications||Flat Roof Waterproofing Systems|
|BBA Certified||Yes (No. 11/4817)|
|Fixing method||Mechanically fixed single ply waterproofing systems|
|Foil faced||Yes, gas-tight foil facings on both sides|
|Features||Composite gas-tight foil facings on both sides|
We deliver insulation materials to Mainland UK only. Deliveries to Highlands, Northern Ireland, Isle of Wight etc.. might be possible at additional cost.
We offer free delivery on most of the orders above £300 (excluding VAT) (except special products - shipping cost via courier - products marked ''Request A Quote'')
Delivery of some insulation materials might be extended due to the current situation (Covid-19, stock shortages, allocations).
If you need materials quickly please contact us - we will do our best to help you source materials needed.
We do not deliver on weekends and bank holidays. Sometimes we can deliver on Saturdays - please check with us before placing the order.
If you need any further information please contact us tel. 02081910776
We can help to calculate price per m2 or linear meter (one meter in length) cost, please just contact us via phone 02081910776, email or live chat. Alternatively, you can work it out yourself quickly and easily: to get cost per meter square please divide price shown in orange area by ''Required area (m2)'' Example price of £28.80 divided by board coverage 2.88m2 = cost of £10.00 per m2.
No matter whether you choose a local installer or a national company, there’s a few tips to help you find the right installer for your home insulation improvements, such as asking for recommendations and making sure that they’re part of a certification scheme. This makes sure that they have the right skills and standards of workmanship to carry out the installation, and you can be sure that they know exactly what they are doing.
4 TIPS FOR CHOOSING THE BEST INSULATION INSTALLER
1. Thermal inspection picture in portfolio
It’s worth seeing a installer’s previous work. There’s no harm asking if you can see any properties nearby that they’ve installed insulation in. Best way would be to see Infrared Thermal Imaging Inspections. Thermal cameras spot small, but key changes in temperature in different areas of a house, identifying problematic areas that the human eye never could and some that a visual inspection could only hypothesize.
Along with checking recommendations and previous work, finding reviews online can often be a great way to find out if they provide a good service or not. However, it’s best not to solely rely on reviews you may find or review websites, as there’s no controlling who writes them.
3. Compare prices
Comparing prices will also ensure companies can’t take advantage of you and give you a fair price.
4. Word of Mouth
The best way to find a great insulation installer is through recommendations. Make sure you ask friends and family. They will most likely give you their honest opinion and can tell you from first hand experience.
Whether you require a wall, cladding, external wall, loft or floor insulation fitted, you can find and hire your local insulation installers from popular UK web pages. A simple internet search will return thousands of potential installers near your area.
We are the stockist of construction materials and related products for both trade and DIY from most recognizable brands in the UK like Cordek, RCM, Promat, Rockwool, Isover, Celotex, Xtratherm, Ursa, Low-E, Cedral, Kingspan, Dufaylite, British Gypsum, K-rend, Ecotherm, Iko enertherm, Kay-Metzeler, Terrawool to allow you to complete your insulation job on time at competitive prices and the highest standards.