- Brand: Unilin Insulation (UK) known as Xtratherm
- Model: 52.5mm (40mm) Unilin SR/TB-MF
- Weight: 26.00kg
- Dimensions: 2,400mm x 1,200mm x 52.50mm
- SKU: 52.5mm (40mm) Unilin SR/TB-MF
- Product code: P1-3457
- MPN: 52.5mm (40mm) Unilin SR/TB-MF
52.5mm Unilin SR/TB-MF Safe-R is a premium insulated plasterboard, comprising a rigid phenolic core bonded to 12.5mm plasterboard used for dry lining internal walls, sloped roofs and ceilings.
Foil facing on both sides of SR/TB-MF incorporates an integral vapour control layer, which helps to reduce the risk of condensation, SR/TB-MF is only suitable for mechanically fixed applications.
Thanks to its low emissivity foil facings Unilin SR/TB-MF, facing into an unventilated air void between metal frame system/vertical timber battens, will improve the U-Value of the wall.
Unilin Safe-R SR/TB-MF Insulated dry lining wall insulation with certified lambda value (thermal conductivity) of 0.020 W/mK and Euroclass B-s1, d0 reaction to fire classification.
SR/TB-MF (Mech Fix) is designed to provide high levels of thermal insulation and drylining in one operation, providing the solution of choice in new build and refurbishment projects.
Whether building new or upgrading, due consideration towards the energy efficiency of your home can have many benefits, including reduced energy costs and improved living conditions.
When upgrading existing properties, a professional should be engaged to assess the property for appropriate insulation treatments and effective detailing.
The void created between the battens can be used for accommodating services (service void).
Size: 52.5mm x 1200mm x 2400mm
Pack Quantity: 7 sheets
Pack Coverage: 20.16m2
Board Coverage: 2.88m2
Profile: Square Edge
R-Value: 1.70 m2K/W
Density (Foam Core): 32kg/m3
Thermal Conductivity: 0.020 W/mK
Compressive Strength: >120 (kPa)
Reaction to Fire: Euroclass B, s1-d0
Unilin SR/TB-MF (Mech Fix) Insulated Plasterboard Features:
· Suitable for a variety of wall types.
· Provides continuous vapour control layer.
· Responsive high performance insulation system.
· High levels of insulation and drylining in one board.
· Suitable for new build and refurbishment projects.
· Certified lambda value (thermal conductivity) of 0.020 W/mK.
· Euroclass B-s1, d0 reaction to fire classification.
· Used for internal walls, sloped roofs and ceilings.
· Reduced energy costs and improved living conditions.
Unilin SR/TB-MF Mechanically Fixed Insulated Plasterboard Installation Guidelines:
· Ensure the wall is dry, clean and free of protrusions.
· Any existing wallpaper should be removed.
· Fix the metal frame system/vertical timber battens to the wall in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions.
· Sections should be placed around all wall edges and around openings and services.
· Fix the metal frame system/vertical timber battens at a maximum of 600mm centres (incorporating a vertical DPC behind timber battens).
· Ensure framing systems/battens are wide enough to offer 20mm support to all four edges of the plasterboard.
· Pack battens if necessary to level the wall.
· Extra noggins may be required when the SR/TB-MF is unsupported by the battens.
· Lift the SR/TB-MF into position using wedges on the floor.
· Insulation should be cut back to accommodate an adjoining panel at external corners.
· Joints should be tightly butted.
· Fix SR/TB-MF to the frame at 300mm centres using appropriate fixings eg. drywall screws, at least 12mm in from the board edge.
· The fixings should penetrate at least 25mm into the timber batten.
· Fixings should be thermally broken where possible.
· Seal and tape the joints of SR/TB-MF to ensure a continuous vapour control layer is created.
· Fill any gaps with foam filler and plaster skim to finish.
· Note on other variations - When upgrading existing properties, a professional should be engaged to assess the property for appropriate insulation treatments and effective detailing.
· Walls should be dry and decoration stripped back to the wall substrate.
· Appropriate ventilation strategies must be considered as part of the overall energy upgrade.
· Guidance in PAS2030:2019 ‘Specification for the installation of energy efficiency measures (EEM) in existing buildings and BS8212 Code of practice for dry lining and partitions should be consulted.
· ACDs must be followed to ensure that installation is in accordance with current Building Regulations and accounted for in the energy calculation.
*Further information may be found in our Downloads section.
Fairly easy access to all PDF files.
Datasheet ǀ Declaration of Performance - DoP ǀ BBA Certificate ǀ Installation Guide ǀ Certificates ǀ Brochure ǀ SPEC Sheet
*Special Product - Non returnable cancelable.
|Board covarage||20.16 m2|
|Material||Phenolic core ǀ Gypsum plasterboard|
|Pack Quantity||7 boards|
|Size||52.5mm x 1200mm x 2400mm|
|Thermal Conductivity||0.020 W/mK|
|Fire Reaction||Euroclass B, s1-d0|
|Finish||Foil faced phenolic core bonded to 12.5mm plasterboard|
|Shipping method||Articulated Vehicle ǀ Courier|
|Fixing method||Mechanically fixed (fixings) to battens|
|Foil faced||Yes, foil facings on both sides|
|U-value||0.12 - 0.34 W/m²K|
|Features||Dry lining board for walls, sloped roofs and ceilings|
We deliver insulation materials to Mainland UK only. Deliveries to Highlands, Northern Ireland, Isle of Wight etc.. might be possible at additional cost.
We offer free delivery on most of the orders above £300 (excluding VAT) (except special products - shipping cost via courier - products marked ''Request A Quote'')
Delivery of some insulation materials might be extended due to the current situation (Covid-19, stock shortages, allocations).
If you need materials quickly please contact us - we will do our best to help you source materials needed.
We do not deliver on weekends and bank holidays. Sometimes we can deliver on Saturdays - please check with us before placing the order.
If you need any further information please contact us tel. 02081910776
We can help to calculate price per m2 or linear meter (one meter in length) cost, please just contact us via phone 02081910776, email or live chat. Alternatively, you can work it out yourself quickly and easily: to get cost per meter square please divide price shown in orange area by ''Required area (m2)'' Example price of £28.80 divided by board coverage 2.88m2 = cost of £10.00 per m2.
No matter whether you choose a local installer or a national company, there’s a few tips to help you find the right installer for your home insulation improvements, such as asking for recommendations and making sure that they’re part of a certification scheme. This makes sure that they have the right skills and standards of workmanship to carry out the installation, and you can be sure that they know exactly what they are doing.
4 TIPS FOR CHOOSING THE BEST INSULATION INSTALLER
1. Thermal inspection picture in portfolio
It’s worth seeing a installer’s previous work. There’s no harm asking if you can see any properties nearby that they’ve installed insulation in. Best way would be to see Infrared Thermal Imaging Inspections. Thermal cameras spot small, but key changes in temperature in different areas of a house, identifying problematic areas that the human eye never could and some that a visual inspection could only hypothesize.
Along with checking recommendations and previous work, finding reviews online can often be a great way to find out if they provide a good service or not. However, it’s best not to solely rely on reviews you may find or review websites, as there’s no controlling who writes them.
3. Compare prices
Comparing prices will also ensure companies can’t take advantage of you and give you a fair price.
4. Word of Mouth
The best way to find a great insulation installer is through recommendations. Make sure you ask friends and family. They will most likely give you their honest opinion and can tell you from first hand experience.
Whether you require a wall, cladding, external wall, loft or floor insulation fitted, you can find and hire your local insulation installers from popular UK web pages. A simple internet search will return thousands of potential installers near your area.
We are the stockist of construction materials and related products for both trade and DIY from most recognizable brands in the UK like Cordek, RCM, Promat, Rockwool, Isover, Celotex, Xtratherm, Ursa, Low-E, Cedral, Kingspan, Dufaylite, British Gypsum, K-rend, Ecotherm, Iko enertherm, Kay-Metzeler, Terrawool to allow you to complete your insulation job on time at competitive prices and the highest standards.