- Brand: Unilin Insulation (UK) known as Xtratherm
- Model: 60mm Unilin XO/CW Cavity
- Weight: 7.00kg
- Dimensions: 1,200mm x 450mm x 60mm
- SKU: 60mm Unilin XO/CW Cavity
- Product code: P1-3435
- MPN: 60mm Unilin XO/CW Cavity
60mm Unilin XO/CW T&G is used to reduce the thermal transmittance of cavity walls in new buildings of a domestic or nondomestic nature with masonry inner and outer leaves.
Xtroliner XO/CW improves U-Values and meets Future Homes standards, providing an excellent choice for passive and low energy builds.
Unilin Partial Fill Cavity Board XO/CW (T&G) can achieve a passive U-Value of 0.15 W/m2K in a traditional cavity wall.
When building with XO/CW (T&G), a residual cavity is maintained, offering excellent protection against wind driven rain.
The XO/CW (T&G) tongue and groove board minimise the threat of thermal bridging and improve the overall U-value of the wall.
The low emissivity foil facing on XO/CW (T&G) improves the thermal performance of the wall.
The residual cavity is the most effective method of preventing wind-driven rain penetrating a wall from the outside.
A residual cavity is the air space that remains when XO/CW (T&G) is placed against the inner leaf of the cavity of a wall.
The recommended residual cavity width required is 50mm in accordance with BBA agrément certification.
Size: 60mm x 450mm x 1200mm
Pack Quantity: 7 sheets
Pack Coverage: 3.78m2
Board Coverage: 0.54m2
Profile: Tongue and Grooved
R-Value: 2.85 m2K/W
Density (Foam Core): 32kg/m3
Thermal Conductivity: 0.021 W/mK
Compressive Strength: >120 (kPa)
Reaction to Fire: Euroclass C, s2-d0
Unilin Xtroliner XO/CW Cavity Features:
· Improves U-Values.
· Reduced thermal bridging.
· Clear cavity maintained.
· Robust textured foil facings.
· Meets Future Homes standards.
· Lightweight and easy to install.
· Euroclass C s2 d0 fire classification.
· Achieve a passive U-Value of 0.15 W/m2K.
· Engineered tongue and grooved jointing.
· Lower Lambda value for improved U-Values.
· Excellent choice for passive and low energy builds.
· Declared lambda (thermal conductivity) of 0.021 W/mK.
Unilin Xtroliner XO/CW (T&G) Partial Fill Cavity Installation Guidelines:
· Under PD 6697:2019 to BS EN 1996-1-1 and BS EN 1996-2, it is recommended that no more than four courses of block are laid on the preceding skin before installation of the insulation.
· This allows for wall ties to be inserted accurately and without bending and thus distorting the physical characteristics of the wall ties.
· Ensure the wall is level and free of any protrusions before installing the insulation with all edges tightly interlocked.
· Mortar should be struck from the inner cavity face of the block to ensure mortar squeeze is minimised on the cavity side.
· The inner and outer courses can then be built.
· Insert wall ties maximum 600mm centres one block course below DPC.
· Wall ties should incorporate retaining clips and be agrément approved.
· Secure cavity boards tight against inner leaf with retaining clip on wall ties.
· Boards should be installed with the tongue uppermost and joints should be tightly butted.
· Ensure a minimum 150mm overlap with the floor insulation.
· The receiving block should be plumb to provide a flat surface to accept the insulation.
· Alternate corner boards will achieve the offset break bonded pattern for the insulation.
· Maintain a 50mm residual cavity to suit all exposure zones.
· In isolated circumstances where the cavity is obstructed, a minimum 25mm residual cavity should always be maintained and extra consideration should be given to fixings and weatherproofing.
· Any reduction in cavity width should be agreed with Building Control.
· Place wall ties at maximum 900mm x 450mm centres, securing with a minimum of 3 wall ties per board.
· Ensure block joints are fully bonded with unbroken mortar.
· Fix wall ties 225mm vertically and 150mm horizontally from the face of unbonded jambs.
· Ensure wall ties and cavities are kept clean of mortar.
· Wall ties should be sloped downwards towards the outer leaf.
· A cavity board should be used to keep the cavity clean.
· Newly erected masonry should be covered to protect the insulation and to prevent the mortar being washed out of the joints by rain.
· Walls should be prevented from becoming saturated by covering the top of the wall with waterproof sheets; this is particularly important to minimise the incidence of efflorescence and lime bloom.
· When any working platform is not in use, the inner board should be turned away from the wall to prevent the splashing of the wall face.
*Further information may be found in our Downloads section.
Fairly easy access to all PDF files.
Datasheet ǀ Declaration of Performance - DoP ǀ BBA Certificate ǀ Installation Guide ǀ Certificates ǀ Brochure ǀ SPEC Sheet
*Special Product - Non returnable cancelable.
|Board covarage||3.78 m2|
|Material||Polyisocyanurate Rigid Foam|
|Pack Quantity||7 boards|
|Profile||Tongue and Grooved|
|Size||60mm x 450mm x 1200mm|
|Thermal Conductivity||0.021 W/mK|
|Fire Reaction||Euroclass C, s2-d0|
|Finish||Robust aluminum foil facings|
|Shipping method||Articulated Vehicle ǀ Courier|
|Applications||Partial Fill Cavity Walls|
|BBA Certified||Yes (No. 12/4956)|
|Fixing method||Mortar, Cavity Wall Ties|
|Foil faced||Yes, foil facings on both sides|
|U-value||0.11 - 0.20 W/m²K|
|Features||Meets the passive U-Value of 0.15 W/m2K|
We deliver insulation materials to Mainland UK only. Deliveries to Highlands, Northern Ireland, Isle of Wight etc.. might be possible at additional cost.
We offer free delivery on most of the orders above £300 (excluding VAT) (except special products - shipping cost via courier - products marked ''Request A Quote'')
Delivery of some insulation materials might be extended due to the current situation (Covid-19, stock shortages, allocations).
If you need materials quickly please contact us - we will do our best to help you source materials needed.
We do not deliver on weekends and bank holidays. Sometimes we can deliver on Saturdays - please check with us before placing the order.
If you need any further information please contact us tel. 02081910776
We can help to calculate price per m2 or linear meter (one meter in length) cost, please just contact us via phone 02081910776, email or live chat. Alternatively, you can work it out yourself quickly and easily: to get cost per meter square please divide price shown in orange area by ''Required area (m2)'' Example price of £28.80 divided by board coverage 2.88m2 = cost of £10.00 per m2.
No matter whether you choose a local installer or a national company, there’s a few tips to help you find the right installer for your home insulation improvements, such as asking for recommendations and making sure that they’re part of a certification scheme. This makes sure that they have the right skills and standards of workmanship to carry out the installation, and you can be sure that they know exactly what they are doing.
4 TIPS FOR CHOOSING THE BEST INSULATION INSTALLER
1. Thermal inspection picture in portfolio
It’s worth seeing a installer’s previous work. There’s no harm asking if you can see any properties nearby that they’ve installed insulation in. Best way would be to see Infrared Thermal Imaging Inspections. Thermal cameras spot small, but key changes in temperature in different areas of a house, identifying problematic areas that the human eye never could and some that a visual inspection could only hypothesize.
Along with checking recommendations and previous work, finding reviews online can often be a great way to find out if they provide a good service or not. However, it’s best not to solely rely on reviews you may find or review websites, as there’s no controlling who writes them.
3. Compare prices
Comparing prices will also ensure companies can’t take advantage of you and give you a fair price.
4. Word of Mouth
The best way to find a great insulation installer is through recommendations. Make sure you ask friends and family. They will most likely give you their honest opinion and can tell you from first hand experience.
Whether you require a wall, cladding, external wall, loft or floor insulation fitted, you can find and hire your local insulation installers from popular UK web pages. A simple internet search will return thousands of potential installers near your area.
We are the stockist of construction materials and related products for both trade and DIY from most recognizable brands in the UK like Cordek, RCM, Promat, Rockwool, Isover, Celotex, Xtratherm, Ursa, Low-E, Cedral, Kingspan, Dufaylite, British Gypsum, K-rend, Ecotherm, Iko enertherm, Kay-Metzeler, Terrawool to allow you to complete your insulation job on time at competitive prices and the highest standards.