- Brand: Unilin Insulation (UK) known as Xtratherm
- Model: 67.5mm Unilin XT/TL
- Dimensions: 2,400mm x 1,200mm x 67.50mm
- SKU: 67.5mm Unilin XT/TL
- Product code: P1-3130
- MPN: 67.5mm Unilin XT/TL
67.5mm (55mm) Unilin XT/TL Thermal Liner is a composite insulated plasterboard made of 55mm PIR insulation bonded to 12.5mm plasterboard used for internal walls, ceilings, pitched and flat roof applications.
Unilin XT/TL Insulation and Drylining Board provides an effective vapour control layer and is suitable for a variety of wall types for both refurbishment and new build projects.
XT/TL Insulated Plasterboard is designed to save money and time by reducing the heat loss from buildings in pitched roof, flat roof and wall applications.
The composite kraft facing on both sides of the Unilin XT/TL thermal laminate incorporates an integral vapour barrier, which helps to reduce the risk of condensation.
Thermal Liner Dot and Dab XT/TL improves energy efficiency of your home by reducing energy costs and improving living conditions.
Unilin XT/TL Insulated Plasterboard can be used as a cheaper alternative to Celotex PL4000, EcoTherm Laminate, Gyproc Thermaline and Knauf Laminates.
This insulated plasterboard can be readily cut using a sharp knife or fine toothed saw.
Appropriate PPE should be worn when handling Unilin XT/TL Insulated Plasterboard.
The thermal conductivity (lambda value) of PIR rigid insulation foam core is 0.022W/mK.
The thermal conductivity (lambda value) of plasterboard is 0.17W/mK.
Board coverage: 2.88m2
R-Value: 2.57 m2K/W
Thermal Conductivity: 0.022 W/mk
Density (Foam Core): 30-32 Kg/m3
Compressive Strength: >150 kPa
Water Vapour Resistivity: >100 MNs/gm
Reaction to Fire: Euroclass B s1 d0
Unilin XT/TL Thin-R PIR Insulated Plasterboard Features:
· Saves money and time.
· Incorporates an integral vapour barrier.
· Helps to reduce the risk of condensation.
· Reduced insulation thickness.
· Reduce the risk of condensation.
· Suitable for a variety of wall types.
· Cost effective 3 in 1 solution.
· Suitable for refurbishment and new build.
· Easy to install and decorate.
· Effective thermal insulation and drylining.
· Insulation and drylining in one easy applicable board.
· Provides an effective Vapour Control Layer (VCL).
· Cheaper alternative to Celotex PL4000, EcoTherm Laminate, Gyproc Thermaline and Knauf Laminates.
· Thermal conductivity (PIR core lambda) 0.022 W/mK.
Unilin XT/TL PIR Insulated Plasterboard Installation Guidelines:
· Ensure the wall is dry and free from any protrusions / wall paper etc.
· Mark the position of Unilin XT/TL Insulated Plasterboard on the wall.
· Setting out and planning board positioning is essential.
· Apply adhesive dabs to the wall in accordance with BS8212.
· Ensure a 50mm continuous ribbon of adhesive is created at the top and bottom of each board and around all openings.
· Follow adhesive manufacturer’s guidelines.
· General recommendation is to apply vertical dabs at 300mm centres, 25mm in from the edge.
· Dabs should be 50-75mm wide and approximately 25mm deep to allow for tamping.
· Total contact with the board area should be minimum 20%.
· Maximum height installation for this system is 3000mm.
· Lift the Unilin XT/TL Insulated Plasterboard into position using wedges on the floor.
· Align Insulated Plasterboard squarely on wall.
· Apply pressure to the board to level and embed it into the adhesive.
· Allow a 15mm expansion joint at the top and bottom of the panel, and fill with foam filler.
· Insulation should be cut back to accommodate an adjoining panel at external corners.
· Joints should be tightly butted.
· When the adhesive has dried, 3 mechanical fixings (thermally broken) should be fixed through the centre of the board.
· Seal and tape the joints of Unilin XT/TL Insulated Plasterboard to ensure a continuous vapour control layer is created.
· Plaster skim Unilin XT/TL Insulated Plasterboard to finish.
· When upgrading existing properties, a professional should be engaged to assess the property for appropriate insulation treatments and effective detailing.
· Walls should be dry and decoration stripped back to the wall substrate.
· Appropriate ventilation strategies must be considered as part of the overall energy upgrade.
*Further information may be found in our Downloads section.
Fairly easy access to all PDF files.
Datasheet ǀ Declaration of Performance - DoP ǀ BBA Certificate ǀ Installation Guide ǀ Certificates ǀ Brochure ǀ SPEC Sheets
*Special Product - Non returnable cancelable.
|Board covarage||2.88 m2|
|Compressive Strength||150 kPa|
|Material||PIR core ǀ Gypsum plasterboard|
|Reaction to fire||Euroclass B s1 d0|
|Size||67.5mm x 1200mm x 2400mm|
|Thermal Conductivity||0.022 W/mk|
|Water Vapour Resistivity||100 MNs/gm|
|Vapour Resistivity||100 MNs/gm|
|Finish||Composite Kraft facings|
|Shipping method||Articulated Vehicle ǀ Courier|
|Applications||Internal walls ǀ Pitched and flat roofs|
|BBA Certified||Yes (no. 08/4613)|
|Type||PIR Insulated Plasterboard|
|Vapour Control Layer||Yes, build in|
|Fixing method||Adhesive bonding (Dot and Dab)|
|Decoration||Accept drywall adhesive|
|Features||Provides an effective vapour control layer|
We deliver insulation materials to Mainland UK only. Deliveries to Highlands, Northern Ireland, Isle of Wight etc.. might be possible at additional cost.
We offer free delivery on most of the orders above £300 (excluding VAT) (except special products - shipping cost via courier - products marked ''Request A Quote'')
Delivery of some insulation materials might be extended due to the current situation (Covid-19, stock shortages, allocations).
If you need materials quickly please contact us - we will do our best to help you source materials needed.
We do not deliver on weekends and bank holidays. Sometimes we can deliver on Saturdays - please check with us before placing the order.
If you need any further information please contact us tel. 02081910776
We can help to calculate price per m2 or linear meter (one meter in length) cost, please just contact us via phone 02081910776, email or live chat. Alternatively, you can work it out yourself quickly and easily: to get cost per meter square please divide price shown in orange area by ''Required area (m2)'' Example price of £28.80 divided by board coverage 2.88m2 = cost of £10.00 per m2.
No matter whether you choose a local installer or a national company, there’s a few tips to help you find the right installer for your home insulation improvements, such as asking for recommendations and making sure that they’re part of a certification scheme. This makes sure that they have the right skills and standards of workmanship to carry out the installation, and you can be sure that they know exactly what they are doing.
4 TIPS FOR CHOOSING THE BEST INSULATION INSTALLER
1. Thermal inspection picture in portfolio
It’s worth seeing a installer’s previous work. There’s no harm asking if you can see any properties nearby that they’ve installed insulation in. Best way would be to see Infrared Thermal Imaging Inspections. Thermal cameras spot small, but key changes in temperature in different areas of a house, identifying problematic areas that the human eye never could and some that a visual inspection could only hypothesize.
Along with checking recommendations and previous work, finding reviews online can often be a great way to find out if they provide a good service or not. However, it’s best not to solely rely on reviews you may find or review websites, as there’s no controlling who writes them.
3. Compare prices
Comparing prices will also ensure companies can’t take advantage of you and give you a fair price.
4. Word of Mouth
The best way to find a great insulation installer is through recommendations. Make sure you ask friends and family. They will most likely give you their honest opinion and can tell you from first hand experience.
Whether you require a wall, cladding, external wall, loft or floor insulation fitted, you can find and hire your local insulation installers from popular UK web pages. A simple internet search will return thousands of potential installers near your area.
We are the stockist of construction materials and related products for both trade and DIY from most recognizable brands in the UK like Cordek, RCM, Promat, Rockwool, Isover, Celotex, Xtratherm, Ursa, Low-E, Cedral, Kingspan, Dufaylite, British Gypsum, K-rend, Ecotherm, Iko enertherm, Kay-Metzeler, Terrawool to allow you to complete your insulation job on time at competitive prices and the highest standards.