- Brand: Unilin Insulation (UK) known as Xtratherm
- Model: 80mm Unilin XO/CW Cavity
- Weight: 5.50kg
- Dimensions: 1,200mm x 450mm x 80mm
- SKU: 80mm Unilin XO/CW Cavity
- Product code: P1-3437
- MPN: 80mm Unilin XO/CW Cavity
80mm XO/CW Unilin is an innovative partial fill cavity wall insulation system incorporating robust textured aluminium foil-facing on both sides and engineered jointing details.
Xtroliner XO/CW improves U-Values and meets Future Homes standards, providing an excellent choice for passive and low energy builds.
Unilin Partial Fill Cavity Board XO/CW (T&G) can achieve a passive U-Value of 0.15 W/m2K in a traditional cavity wall.
When building with XO/CW (T&G), a residual cavity is maintained, offering excellent protection against wind driven rain.
The XO/CW (T&G) tongue and groove board minimise the threat of thermal bridging and improve the overall U-value of the wall.
The low emissivity foil facing on XO/CW (T&G) improves the thermal performance of the wall.
The residual cavity is the most effective method of preventing wind-driven rain penetrating a wall from the outside.
A residual cavity is the air space that remains when XO/CW (T&G) is placed against the inner leaf of the cavity of a wall.
The recommended residual cavity width required is 50mm in accordance with BBA agrément certification.
Size: 80mm x 450mm x 1200mm
Pack Quantity: 5 sheets
Pack Coverage: 2.70m2
Board Coverage: 0.54m2
Profile: Tongue and Grooved
R-Value: 3.80 m2K/W
Density (Foam Core): 32kg/m3
Thermal Conductivity: 0.021 W/mK
Compressive Strength: >120 (kPa)
Reaction to Fire: Euroclass C, s2-d0
Unilin Xtroliner XO/CW Cavity Features:
· Improves U-Values.
· Reduced thermal bridging.
· Clear cavity maintained.
· Robust textured foil facings.
· Meets Future Homes standards.
· Lightweight and easy to install.
· Euroclass C s2 d0 fire classification.
· Achieve a passive U-Value of 0.15 W/m2K.
· Engineered tongue and grooved jointing.
· Lower Lambda value for improved U-Values.
· Excellent choice for passive and low energy builds.
· Declared lambda (thermal conductivity) of 0.021 W/mK.
Unilin Xtroliner XO/CW (T&G) Partial Fill Cavity Installation Guidelines:
· Under PD 6697:2019 to BS EN 1996-1-1 and BS EN 1996-2, it is recommended that no more than four courses of block are laid on the preceding skin before installation of the insulation.
· This allows for wall ties to be inserted accurately and without bending and thus distorting the physical characteristics of the wall ties.
· Ensure the wall is level and free of any protrusions before installing the insulation with all edges tightly interlocked.
· Mortar should be struck from the inner cavity face of the block to ensure mortar squeeze is minimised on the cavity side.
· The inner and outer courses can then be built.
· Insert wall ties maximum 600mm centres one block course below DPC.
· Wall ties should incorporate retaining clips and be agrément approved.
· Secure cavity boards tight against inner leaf with retaining clip on wall ties.
· Boards should be installed with the tongue uppermost and joints should be tightly butted.
· Ensure a minimum 150mm overlap with the floor insulation.
· The receiving block should be plumb to provide a flat surface to accept the insulation.
· Alternate corner boards will achieve the offset break bonded pattern for the insulation.
· Maintain a 50mm residual cavity to suit all exposure zones.
· In isolated circumstances where the cavity is obstructed, a minimum 25mm residual cavity should always be maintained and extra consideration should be given to fixings and weatherproofing.
· Any reduction in cavity width should be agreed with Building Control.
· Place wall ties at maximum 900mm x 450mm centres, securing with a minimum of 3 wall ties per board.
· Ensure block joints are fully bonded with unbroken mortar.
· Fix wall ties 225mm vertically and 150mm horizontally from the face of unbonded jambs.
· Ensure wall ties and cavities are kept clean of mortar.
· Wall ties should be sloped downwards towards the outer leaf.
· A cavity board should be used to keep the cavity clean.
· Newly erected masonry should be covered to protect the insulation and to prevent the mortar being washed out of the joints by rain.
· Walls should be prevented from becoming saturated by covering the top of the wall with waterproof sheets; this is particularly important to minimise the incidence of efflorescence and lime bloom.
· When any working platform is not in use, the inner board should be turned away from the wall to prevent the splashing of the wall face.
*Further information may be found in our Downloads section.
Fairly easy access to all PDF files.
Datasheet ǀ Declaration of Performance - DoP ǀ BBA Certificate ǀ Installation Guide ǀ Certificates ǀ Brochure ǀ SPEC Sheet
*Special Product - Non returnable cancelable.
|Board covarage||2.70 m2|
|Material||Polyisocyanurate Rigid Foam|
|Pack Quantity||5 boards|
|Profile||Tongue and Grooved|
|Size||80mm x 450mm x 1200mm|
|Thermal Conductivity||0.021 W/mK|
|Fire Reaction||Euroclass C, s2-d0|
|Finish||Robust aluminum foil facings|
|Shipping method||Articulated Vehicle ǀ Courier|
|Applications||Partial Fill Cavity Walls|
|BBA Certified||Yes (No. 12/4956)|
|Fixing method||Mortar, Cavity Wall Ties|
|Foil faced||Yes, foil facings on both sides|
|U-value||0.11 - 0.20 W/m²K|
|Features||Meets the passive U-Value of 0.15 W/m2K|
We offer free delivery on most of the orders above £300 (excluding VAT) (except special products - shipping cost via courier - products marked ''Request A Quote'')
If you need materials quickly please contact us - we will do our best to help you source materials needed.
If you need any further information please contact us tel. 02081910776
4 TIPS FOR CHOOSING THE BEST INSULATION INSTALLER
1. Thermal inspection picture in portfolio
3. Compare prices
Comparing prices will also ensure companies can’t take advantage of you and give you a fair price.
4. Word of Mouth