- Brand: Unilin Insulation (UK) known as Xtratherm
- Model: 29.5mm Unilin XT/TL-MF
- Dimensions: 2,400mm x 1,200mm x 29.50mm
- SKU: 29.5mm Unilin XT/TL-MF
- Product code: P1-3148
- MPN: 29.5mm Unilin XT/TL-MF
29.5mm Unilin XT/TL-MF (Mech Fix) is a foil backed insulated plasterboard made of 20mm Unilin PIR insulation core bonded to 9.5mm plasterboard used for internal walls, sloped roofs and ceilings.
The composite foil facing on Unilin XT/TL-MF Insulation and Drylining Board provides a gas and vapour tight barrier, reducing the condensation risk.
A continuous vapour control layer is created when the boards' joints are sealed and taped in accordance with drylining good practice.
An important factor when dry lining a wall is to provide fire stops along the top and bottom of each board and around all openings (doors, windows, etc.).
These are provided by the battens/studs and prevent fire penetrating behind the insulation layer.
This also helps to prevent thermal looping, leading to an overall improved U-Value for the wall element
The void created between the battens/studs can be used for accommodating services.
XT/TL-MF Insulated Plasterboard is designed to save money and time by reducing the heat loss from buildings.
This insulated plasterboard can be readily cut using a sharp knife or fine toothed saw.
Appropriate PPE should be worn when handling Unilin XT/TL-MF Insulated Plasterboard.
The thermal conductivity (lambda value) of PIR rigid insulation foam core is 0.022W/mK.
The thermal conductivity (lambda value) of plasterboard is 0.17W/mK.
Board coverage: 2.88m2
R-Value: 1.00 m2K/W
Thermal Conductivity: 0.022 W/mk
Density (Foam Core): 30-32 Kg/m3
Compressive Strength: >150 kPa
Water Vapour Resistivity: >100 MNs/gm
Reaction to Fire: Euroclass B s1 d0
Fixing Method: Mechanically Fixed
Front Face Finish: Plasterboard
Reverse Face Finish: Foil Backed PIR Foam
Unilin XT/TL-MF Mechanically Fixed Foil Backed Insulated Plasterboard Features:
· Saves money and time.
· Incorporates an integral vapour barrier.
· Helps to reduce the risk of condensation.
· Reduced insulation thickness.
· Reduce the risk of condensation.
· Suitable for a variety of wall types.
· Cost effective 3 in 1 solution.
· Suitable for refurbishment and new build.
· Easy to install and decorate.
· Effective thermal insulation and drylining.
· Insulation and drylining in one easy applicable board.
· Provides an effective Vapour Control Layer (VCL).
· Cheaper alternative to Celotex PL4000, EcoTherm Laminate, Gyproc Thermaline and Knauf Laminates.
· Thermal conductivity (PIR core lambda) 0.022 W/mK.
Unilin XT/TL-MF Foil Backed Insulated Plasterboard Installation Step by Step:
1. Ensure the wall is dry, clean and free of protrusions.
Any existing wallpaper should be removed.
2. Fix metal frame system or timber battens to the wall in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions.
Sections should be placed around all wall edges and around openings and services.
3. Fix the metal frame system or vertical timber battens at a maximum of 600mm centers.
(incorporating a vertical DPC behind timber battens).
Ensure framing system or battens are wide enough to offer 20mm support to all four edges of the plasterboard.
Pack battens if necessary to level the wall.
Extra noggins may be required when the Unilin XT/TL-MF is unsupported by the battens.
4. Lift the Unilin XT/TL-MF into position using wedges on the floor.
Insulation should be cut back to accommodate an adjoining panel at external corners.
Joints should be tightly butted.
5. Fix Unilin XT/TL-MF to the frame at 300mm centres using appropriate fixings eg. drywall screws, at least 12mm in from the board edge.
The fixings should penetrate at least 25mm into the timber batten.
Fixings should be thermally broken where possible.
6. Seal and tape the joints of Unilin XT/TL-MF to ensure a continuous vapour control layer is created.
Fill any gaps with foam filler.
7. Plaster skim to finish.
When upgrading existing properties, a professional should be engaged to assess the property for appropriate insulation treatments and effective detailing.
Walls should be dry and decoration stripped back to the wall substrate.
Appropriate ventilation strategies must be considered as part of the overall energy upgrade.
Related Articles - InsulationGo Blog
*Further information may be found in our Downloads section.
Fairly easy access to all PDF files.
Datasheet ǀ Declaration of Performance - DoP ǀ BBA Certificate ǀ Installation Guide ǀ Certificates ǀ Brochure ǀ SPEC Sheets
*Special Product - Non returnable cancelable.
|Board covarage||2.88 m2|
|Compressive Strength||150 kPa|
|Material||PIR core ǀ Gypsum plasterboard|
|Reaction to fire||Euroclass B s1 d0|
|Size||29.5mm x 1200mm x 2400mm|
|Thermal Conductivity||0.022 W/mk|
|Water Vapour Resistivity||100 MNs/gm|
|Vapour Resistivity||100 MNs/gm|
|Finish||Foil Backed Insulated Plasterboard|
|Shipping method||Articulated Vehicle ǀ Courier|
|Applications||Internal walls ǀ Sloped roofs ǀ Ceilings|
|BBA Certified||Yes (no. 08/4613)|
|Type||Foil Backed Insulated Plasterboard|
|Vapour Control Layer||Yes, build in|
|Fixing method||Mechanically Fixed|
|Decoration||Accept drywall adhesive|
|Features||Provides a gas and vapour tight barrier|
We offer free delivery on most of the orders above £300 (excluding VAT) (except special products - shipping cost via courier - products marked ''Request A Quote'')
If you need materials quickly please contact us - we will do our best to help you source materials needed.
If you need any further information please contact us tel. 02081910776
4 TIPS FOR CHOOSING THE BEST INSULATION INSTALLER
1. Thermal inspection picture in portfolio
3. Compare prices
Comparing prices will also ensure companies can’t take advantage of you and give you a fair price.
4. Word of Mouth