- Brand: EWI Pro
- Model: EWI-090
- Weight: 25.00kg
- Dimensions: 450mm x 250mm x 150mm
- SKU: EWI-090
- Product code: P1-2504
- MPN: EWI-090
EWI-090 Monocouche Scratch Render 25kg is a decorative through-coloured scratch render with enhanced adhesive properties, ensuring a flexible and crack-resistant natural stone-like finish for concrete, clay, block, and brick substrates.
Scratch Render (Monocouche) is available in six most popular colors: bright white, cotton white, cashew, latte, pebble and portobello to provide residential and commercial buildings with a breathable, decorative finish.
The polymer-modified admixtures of EWI-090 Monocouche Scratch Render enhance the adhesive characteristics of this product, delivering a flexible and highly crack resistant finish to the property’s exterior.
Monocouche Scratch Render is a cement-based high-performance render designed with water-repellency, breathability, and durability in mind.
EWI-Pro EWI-090 Monocouche Scratch Render is a colored dry powder manufactured from a mixture of Portland cement, hydrated lime, polymers and modifying admixtures that can be used as a thick coat render that is applied in two passes.
The through-coloured properties of EWI-090 Monocouche Scratch Render ensure a low maintenance, decorative finish with a natural stone-like appearance for years to come.
EWI-090 comes as a dry mix powder in 25kg bags and should be mixed for 2-3 minutes with 4.5 - 5 litres of clean cool water.
Use an electric paddle to mix the product thoroughly to ensure the additives are activated and a consistent texture is achieved then leave for 2 minutes and mix again, now it is ready for application.
Nominal thickness: 15mm
EWI-090 Monocouche Scratch Render: approx. coverage 0.85m2
Mixing time: approx. 2-3 minutes
Mixing ratio: 4.5 - 5 litres per 25kg bag
Application: stainless-steel trowel or spray pump
Consistency: through-coloured dry mix powder
EWI-090 Monocouche Scratch Render Colors: Bright White, Cotton White, Cashew, Latte, Pebble, Portobello.
EWI Pro EWI-090 Monocouche Scratch Render Application:
· When applying to concrete block, clay, block or brick, prime the surface with EWI-310 Universal Primer.
· To avoid dampness and discolouration, rendering should be avoided below the DPC or within 150mm of ground level.
· EWI Pro Monocouche Scratch Render should be applied in 2 passes to a total depth of 17mm and scratched back to 15mm for the final finish.
· The first pass should be applied to the primed substrate with a stainless-steel trowel or spray pump.
· Fibreglass mesh should be embedded within the first pass and it should be ensured that mesh is overlapped 100mm at the mesh joints.
· To ensure extra protection against stress, additional fibre-reinforcing stress patches of 500 x 500mm should be applied at all openings, i.e., at windows, doors and all window reveals.
· The second pass should then be applied to a thickness of approximately 9mm, wet on wet to the first pass and then levelled flat.
· The render should be left to harden for 3-16 hours.
· Once hardened, the monocouche render can be scraped with a scraping float in a tight, circular movement – removing 2mm from the surface.
· Then, use a light, soft brush to remove loose material and scrape to avoid colour variation.
· The drying time may vary depending on weather conditions and temperatures.
Substrate Preparation for EWI-090 Monocouche:
· When applying Monocouche Scratch Render, all surfaces should be clean, dry, and free from any material which may impair application.
· Scaffolding must be independently tied to allow for uninterrupted application.
· Any faults in the structure, particularly those that may lead to moisture penetration, must be amended.
· Apply masking tape around the areas where the render is to be applied.
· Ensure masking tape is removed before the render dries out.
· Beading and expansion joints should be included according to substrate requirements and Building Standards regulations.
· Before application onto concrete block, clay, brick or block, the substrate should be primed with a suitable primer such as the EWI-310 Universal Primer.
EWI-090 Certification and Standards:
· PN-C-81913:1998 Dispersion paints for façade painting.
· European Technical Approvals ETA – 15/0576 and ETA – 15/0575.
· BBA Approval Inspection Testing Certificate 18/5503.
*Further information may be found in our Downloads section.
Fairly easy access to all PDF files.
Datasheet ǀ Declaration of Performance - DoP ǀ BBA Certificate ǀ Installation Guide ǀ Certificates ǀ Brochure ǀ SPEC Sheet
|Board covarage||0.85 m2|
|Colour||Bright White, Cotton White, Cashew, Latte, Pebble, Portobello.|
|Consistancy||Through-coloured dry mix powder|
|Thermal Conductivity||(λ10, dry) 0.82 W/mK (tab. mean value; P = 50%)|
|Shelf Life||One year from manufacture date|
|Fire Classification||Euroclass A|
|Application Temperature||from +5 °C to +25 °C|
|Shipping method||Rigid Vehicle ǀ Courier|
|Applications||Concrete, clay, block and brick substrates|
|BBA Certified||Yes (no. 18/5503)|
|Features||Decorative through-coloured scratch render|
We deliver insulation materials to Mainland UK only. Deliveries to Highlands, Northern Ireland, Isle of Wight etc.. might be possible at additional cost.
We offer free delivery on most of the orders above £300 (excluding VAT) (except special products - shipping cost via courier - products marked ''Request A Quote'')
Delivery of some insulation materials might be extended due to the current situation (Covid-19, stock shortages, allocations).
If you need materials quickly please contact us - we will do our best to help you source materials needed.
We do not deliver on weekends and bank holidays. Sometimes we can deliver on Saturdays - please check with us before placing the order.
If you need any further information please contact us tel. 02081910776
We can help to calculate price per m2 or linear meter (one meter in length) cost, please just contact us via phone 02081910776, email or live chat. Alternatively, you can work it out yourself quickly and easily: to get cost per meter square please divide price shown in orange area by ''Required area (m2)'' Example price of £28.80 divided by board coverage 2.88m2 = cost of £10.00 per m2.
No matter whether you choose a local installer or a national company, there’s a few tips to help you find the right installer for your home insulation improvements, such as asking for recommendations and making sure that they’re part of a certification scheme. This makes sure that they have the right skills and standards of workmanship to carry out the installation, and you can be sure that they know exactly what they are doing.
4 TIPS FOR CHOOSING THE BEST INSULATION INSTALLER
1. Thermal inspection picture in portfolio
It’s worth seeing a installer’s previous work. There’s no harm asking if you can see any properties nearby that they’ve installed insulation in. Best way would be to see Infrared Thermal Imaging Inspections. Thermal cameras spot small, but key changes in temperature in different areas of a house, identifying problematic areas that the human eye never could and some that a visual inspection could only hypothesize.
Along with checking recommendations and previous work, finding reviews online can often be a great way to find out if they provide a good service or not. However, it’s best not to solely rely on reviews you may find or review websites, as there’s no controlling who writes them.
3. Compare prices
Comparing prices will also ensure companies can’t take advantage of you and give you a fair price.
4. Word of Mouth
The best way to find a great insulation installer is through recommendations. Make sure you ask friends and family. They will most likely give you their honest opinion and can tell you from first hand experience.
Whether you require a wall, cladding, external wall, loft or floor insulation fitted, you can find and hire your local insulation installers from popular UK web pages. A simple internet search will return thousands of potential installers near your area.
We are the stockist of construction materials and related products for both trade and DIY from most recognizable brands in the UK like Cordek, RCM, Promat, Rockwool, Isover, Celotex, Xtratherm, Ursa, Low-E, Cedral, Kingspan, Dufaylite, British Gypsum, K-rend, Ecotherm, Iko enertherm, Kay-Metzeler, Terrawool to allow you to complete your insulation job on time at competitive prices and the highest standards.