- Brand: EWI Pro
- Model: EWI-226
- Weight: 25.00kg
- Dimensions: 450mm x 250mm x 150mm
- SKU: EWI-226
- Product code: P1-2502
- MPN: EWI-226
EWI-226 Aquabase XPS Basecoat and Adhesive 25kg is a durable and vapour permeable waterproof base coat adhesive, and ideal product for installing XPS insulation sheets below the DPC and as a basecoat to internally reinforce walls in bathrooms and wetrooms.
EWI Pro Aquabase EWI-226 is suitable for use with extruded polystyrene (XPS) insulation boards to a substrate (with high water ingress risk) and for embedding fiberglass rendering mesh to create a smooth surface with a high tensile strength.
Water Resistant Basecoat Render and Adhesive EWI-226 is a strong waterproof basecoat adhesive designed for internal and external applications where there is a high risk of water ingress offering complete water-resistance for years to come.
EWI-226 Water Resistant Basecoat is a perfect solution manufactured from a mixture of Portland cement, polymers, mineral fillers suitable for areas exposed to high levels of water, for example the DPC area or in bathrooms for around showers or baths, and in wet rooms.
XPS Basecoat Render and Adhesive EWI-226 can be finished with Mosaic Render to produce a water repellant and durable surface, but is not intended for use in swimming pools.
EWI-226 Aquabase XPS Basecoat and Adhesive comes as a dry mix powder in 25kg bags and should be mixed with 5 to 6 litres of clean cool water.
Use an electric paddle to mix the product thoroughly to produce a consistent texture then leave for 2 - 3 minutes and mix again, now it is ready for application.
Nominal thickness: 2mm - 5mm
EWI-226 Aquabase: approx. coverage 5m2
Mixing time: approx. 2 - 3 minutes
Mixing ratio: 5 to 6 litres per 25kg bag
Application: by hawk and trowel
Consistency: dry mix powder
EWI Pro EWI-226 Waterproof Basecoat Adhesive Application:
· When using the EWI-226 as a bedding adhesive, apply the adhesive to the back of the insulation board using an appropriate trowel.
· For uneven substrates, we recommend applying the adhesive to the perimeter of the XPS insulation board with 3 additional dabs across the middle of the board.
· For flat substrates, you can apply the adhesive to the entirety of the insulation board using a notched trowel.
· When using the EWI-226 as a basecoat adhesive, apply the adhesive to the insulation board using a notched trowel.
· Before drying, Fibreglass Mesh needs to be embedded within the basecoat adhesive.
· Another layer of the product needs to be applied to the top of the reinforcement layer to achieve water tightness.
· Works must be protected from rain, snow, strong winds and direct sunlight.
· The average drying time for the bedding adhesive is 12-48 hours depending on weather conditions.
· The drying period may be significantly longer in low temperature and high relative humidity.
Substrate Preparation for EWI-226 Aquabase:
· When using the EWI-226 as a bedding adhesive for XPS insulation, ensure the substrate is clean and free of any dust or debris.
· For uneven substrates, consider using levelling coats using the same product – applying 2mm to 5mm max.
· Reapply the same product in layers until you are satisfied with the levelness of the surface.
· If the surface is dusty prior to starting the installation process, then use a jet wash first before coating the surface with the EWI-301 Water-Based Substrate or EWI-302 Deep Penetrating Primer.
· For painted surfaces, first check for structural stability then consider using EWI-310 Universal Primer, which will create an abrasive surface ready for the EWI-226 Water Resistant Basecoat to key onto.
· When using the EWI-226 as part of the basecoat / reinforcement layer, ensure the insulation boards are level prior to application.
· On the reinforcement application to achieve water tightness you will require two passes of the product.
EWI-226 Certification and Standards:
· PN-C-81913:1998 Dispersion paints for façade painting.
· European Technical Approvals ETA – 15/0576 and ETA – 15/0575.
· BBA Approval Inspection Testing Certificate 18/5503.
*Further information may be found in our Downloads section.
Fairly easy access to all PDF files.
Datasheet ǀ Declaration of Performance - DoP ǀ BBA Certificate ǀ Installation Guide ǀ Certificates ǀ Brochure ǀ SPEC Sheet
|Board covarage||5.00 m2|
|Consistancy||Dry mix powder|
|Material||Portland cement, polymers, mineral fillers|
|Profile||Waterproof Basecoat Adhesive|
|Thickness||2mm - 5mm|
|Shelf Life||9 months from manufacture date|
|Application Temperature||from 5 °C to +25 °C|
|Applications||External Wall Insulation|
|BBA Certified||Yes (no. 18/5503)|
|Features||Strong waterproof basecoat adhesive|
We deliver insulation materials to Mainland UK only. Deliveries to Highlands, Northern Ireland, Isle of Wight etc.. might be possible at additional cost.
We offer free delivery on most of the orders above £300 (excluding VAT) (except special products - shipping cost via courier - products marked ''Request A Quote'')
Delivery of some insulation materials might be extended due to the current situation (Covid-19, stock shortages, allocations).
If you need materials quickly please contact us - we will do our best to help you source materials needed.
We do not deliver on weekends and bank holidays. Sometimes we can deliver on Saturdays - please check with us before placing the order.
If you need any further information please contact us tel. 02081910776
We can help to calculate price per m2 or linear meter (one meter in length) cost, please just contact us via phone 02081910776, email or live chat. Alternatively, you can work it out yourself quickly and easily: to get cost per meter square please divide price shown in orange area by ''Required area (m2)'' Example price of £28.80 divided by board coverage 2.88m2 = cost of £10.00 per m2.
No matter whether you choose a local installer or a national company, there’s a few tips to help you find the right installer for your home insulation improvements, such as asking for recommendations and making sure that they’re part of a certification scheme. This makes sure that they have the right skills and standards of workmanship to carry out the installation, and you can be sure that they know exactly what they are doing.
4 TIPS FOR CHOOSING THE BEST INSULATION INSTALLER
1. Thermal inspection picture in portfolio
It’s worth seeing a installer’s previous work. There’s no harm asking if you can see any properties nearby that they’ve installed insulation in. Best way would be to see Infrared Thermal Imaging Inspections. Thermal cameras spot small, but key changes in temperature in different areas of a house, identifying problematic areas that the human eye never could and some that a visual inspection could only hypothesize.
Along with checking recommendations and previous work, finding reviews online can often be a great way to find out if they provide a good service or not. However, it’s best not to solely rely on reviews you may find or review websites, as there’s no controlling who writes them.
3. Compare prices
Comparing prices will also ensure companies can’t take advantage of you and give you a fair price.
4. Word of Mouth
The best way to find a great insulation installer is through recommendations. Make sure you ask friends and family. They will most likely give you their honest opinion and can tell you from first hand experience.
Whether you require a wall, cladding, external wall, loft or floor insulation fitted, you can find and hire your local insulation installers from popular UK web pages. A simple internet search will return thousands of potential installers near your area.
We are the stockist of construction materials and related products for both trade and DIY from most recognizable brands in the UK like Cordek, RCM, Promat, Rockwool, Isover, Celotex, Xtratherm, Ursa, Low-E, Cedral, Kingspan, Dufaylite, British Gypsum, K-rend, Ecotherm, Iko enertherm, Kay-Metzeler, Terrawool to allow you to complete your insulation job on time at competitive prices and the highest standards.