- Brand: Isomass
- Model: Isocheck Isoblock Clips
- Weight: 0.34kg
- Dimensions: 138mm x 35mm x 28mm
- SKU: Isocheck Isoblock Clips
- Product code: P1-3599
- MPN: Isocheck Isoblock Clips
Isocheck Isoblock (28mm deep x 35mm wide x 138mm long) is an acoustic isolating system clip used with Isobar resilient channel to provide superior noise control for ceilings, floors and walls.
Isomass Isocheck Isobar and Isoblock is a aigh performance sound reduction system designed to offer a more robust alternative to a standard resilient bar with similar low profile features.
The Isocheck Isoblock and Isobar system comprises a vibration absorbing steel channel which is secured to studs and joists with isolation blocks.
Attaching the isolation block to ceiling joists, timber and metal studs simply and easily secures the Isobar furring channel and decouples the gypsum board from the structure.
The resulting construction provides a resilient isolation solution to enhance or construct separating and partition walls and ceilings.
The Isoblock and Isobar system is suitable for enhancing separating ceilings, floors and walls in new build, refurbishment and conversion projects.
Isocheck Isoblocks simply attach to ceiling joists, wall studs, or masonry and easily secure the Isobar furring channel.
One or more layers of gypsum board are hung to this channel using good construction practices offering consistent high values than standard resilient bars.
Isocheck Isoblock ensures that installers are unable to inadvertently bridge the ‘resilient’ leg of the channel into the joist or stud.
Size: 28mm x 35mm x 138mm
Isocheck Isoblock Acoustic Isolating Clip Features:
· Weight capacity of 45 - 60lbs.
· Acoustic sound reduction system.
· Vibration absorbing steel channel and clips.
· 28mm deep x 35mm wide x 138mm long.
· Used to provide superior noise control.
· High performance sound reduction system.
· Specially designed for ceilings, floors and walls.
· Decouples the gypsum board from the structure.
· Provides a resilient isolation solution.
· Used to construct separating and partition walls and ceilings.
· Suitable for new build, refurbishment and conversion projects.
· Attaches simply to ceiling joists, wall studs and masonry.
· Significant improvement on the use of resilient bars alone.
· Error free installation of standard drywall furring channel.
· Withstands greater loads than standard systems.
· One or more layers of gypsum board are hung to this channel.
· Offering consistent high values than standard resilient bars.
Isocheck Isoblock Acoustic Isolating Clip Installation Guidelines:
· The Isocheck Isoblock and Isobar system is designed to carry a Isobar furring channel with one or more layers of gypsum wallboard attached.
· Spacing of Isoblocks on the furring channel should be at maximum of 1200mm centres.
· Spacing between Isobar furring channels range from 600mm to 1200mm.
· All gaps around service outlets, window or door frames should be sealed with Isocheck FR acoustic sealant.
· Isoblocks may either be affixed before inserting the Isobar or slid onto the Isobar before fixing to the joist, wall, etc.
· Quickest installation is often achieved by pinching the Isobar bridge slightly at its end, so that the Isoblocks can slide easily into position.
· Fix the Isoblocks with suitable screws, through the circular metal inserts on each end.
· Care should be taken not to crush the rubber impact absorbers by over torquing the screws.
· An ideal setting is mid range so as to just make the walls of the red absorber bushes move slightly.
· Once secured, overlap bars by approximately 100mm and screw or wire together.
· Affix Isowave 23 or appropriate plasterboard to the Isobars with screws suitable for self drilling into a metal stud system at least 10 to 15mm beyond its collective depth.
· When using multiple layers of board, increase the screws in length to compensate for the depth.
· Never allow fixings to exceed the depth of construction, thus causing “bridging” to occur, as this will negatively affect acoustic isolation performance.
· Isobar Installation Tips for Walls - the first row of gypsum wallboard sheets at the bottom of the wall shall be installed with the long dimension supported on 5mm thick Isolation Strip.
· Isobar Installation Tips for Ceilings - the acoustic Isoblocks should be within 150mm of the ceiling perimeter at the end of the Isobar length.
· The first row of bar at the ceiling perimeter should be a maximum of 150mm from the wall.
· Furring channels are installed perpendicular to any framing members.
· If in doubt in any area, please call Isomass prior to commencement of work.
*Further information may be found in our Downloads section.
Fairly easy access to all PDF files.
Datasheet ǀ Declaration of Performance - DoP ǀ BBA Certificate ǀ Installation Guide ǀ Certificates ǀ Brochure ǀ SPEC Sheet
*Special Product - Non returnable cancelable.
|Handling Characteristic||Protect hands|
|Profile||Vibration absorbing clip|
|Size||28mm x 35mm x 138mm|
|Fire Classification||Tested to BS 5852-2:1982|
|Shipping method||Articulated Vehicle ǀ Courier|
|Grade||Acoustic Isolating Clip|
|Sound insulation reduction||Airbone and Impact|
|Applications||Acoustic Floor, Wall and Ceiling Systems|
|Type||Vibration absorbing clip|
|Fixing method||Resilient Bar Isobar and Screws|
|Features||High performance sound reduction system|
We deliver insulation materials to Mainland UK only. Deliveries to Highlands, Northern Ireland, Isle of Wight etc.. might be possible at additional cost.
We offer free delivery on most of the orders above £300 (excluding VAT) (except special products - shipping cost via courier - products marked ''Request A Quote'')
Delivery of some insulation materials might be extended due to the current situation (Covid-19, stock shortages, allocations).
If you need materials quickly please contact us - we will do our best to help you source materials needed.
We do not deliver on weekends and bank holidays. Sometimes we can deliver on Saturdays - please check with us before placing the order.
If you need any further information please contact us tel. 02081910776
We can help to calculate price per m2 or linear meter (one meter in length) cost, please just contact us via phone 02081910776, email or live chat. Alternatively, you can work it out yourself quickly and easily: to get cost per meter square please divide price shown in orange area by ''Required area (m2)'' Example price of £28.80 divided by board coverage 2.88m2 = cost of £10.00 per m2.
No matter whether you choose a local installer or a national company, there’s a few tips to help you find the right installer for your home insulation improvements, such as asking for recommendations and making sure that they’re part of a certification scheme. This makes sure that they have the right skills and standards of workmanship to carry out the installation, and you can be sure that they know exactly what they are doing.
4 TIPS FOR CHOOSING THE BEST INSULATION INSTALLER
1. Thermal inspection picture in portfolio
It’s worth seeing a installer’s previous work. There’s no harm asking if you can see any properties nearby that they’ve installed insulation in. Best way would be to see Infrared Thermal Imaging Inspections. Thermal cameras spot small, but key changes in temperature in different areas of a house, identifying problematic areas that the human eye never could and some that a visual inspection could only hypothesize.
Along with checking recommendations and previous work, finding reviews online can often be a great way to find out if they provide a good service or not. However, it’s best not to solely rely on reviews you may find or review websites, as there’s no controlling who writes them.
3. Compare prices
Comparing prices will also ensure companies can’t take advantage of you and give you a fair price.
4. Word of Mouth
The best way to find a great insulation installer is through recommendations. Make sure you ask friends and family. They will most likely give you their honest opinion and can tell you from first hand experience.
Whether you require a wall, cladding, external wall, loft or floor insulation fitted, you can find and hire your local insulation installers from popular UK web pages. A simple internet search will return thousands of potential installers near your area.
We are the stockist of construction materials and related products for both trade and DIY from most recognizable brands in the UK like Cordek, RCM, Promat, Rockwool, Isover, Celotex, Xtratherm, Ursa, Low-E, Cedral, Kingspan, Dufaylite, British Gypsum, K-rend, Ecotherm, Iko enertherm, Kay-Metzeler, Terrawool to allow you to complete your insulation job on time at competitive prices and the highest standards.